X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by Outcast View Post
      What about inside the actual pit? Drain hole? Just curious, it looks awesome!!
      There is a one inch hole in the steel end cap. That drains to an opening shoveled through the granite pad so rain water has an easy path to ground. Before I put the end cap in place, I ran water into the pit. It ran out through the opening or maybe even through the granite itself fairly easily.

Comment

Looks awesome

Comment

Very Nice.

Comment

Wow, very impressive! Have to put on my TODO list...

Comment

Yall done good. Turned out really nice.

Comment

Thanks. My wife has been after me to finish the grill since summer cookout season is almost here. Hope to get that going soon.

Comment

Great build very nice

Comment

Nice build. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Another adder that I wish I would have done on my firepit, which is inground, 36" across in my backyard is insert a BBQ grill burner or some sort of propane burner for a starter with conduit buried far enough away to hide the bottle. Oh well, kids love it and mom and I enjoy a night by the fire every now and again. Cheap fun for all!

Really like yours, flagstone work looks great.

Comment

I need this at my house!

Comment

You can practicing building the next one at my place.

Comment

Mike, thanks for the inspiration. Ended up doing something very similar. We have a fire pit that we like that is above ground so we did not build it into the patio. Figure in the summer a table and chairs would go nice as well.

Ended up using 5" flat bar and spent extra money and got some corten steel so it will rust real nicely and last a long time.

Comment

great work and excellent idea on the insert!

Comment

Working...
                              X