Mobile deer stand build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile deer stand build

Started building a trailer mounted deer stand. Here is what i got done this weekend.
    Building the trailer frame.

Next I added the sliders where I will mount swivel jacks (don't have the jacks yet)
    Added the axle /springs and hangers I got from a bolt together trailer I bought off of Craig's List and added the tongue.

Here is the trailer right side up. All I need to add to the trailer are the 4 jacks for leveling the stand, the coupler, the fenders from the donor trailer and some cable clips for tie downs.

Next will be building the box stand on top of the trailer. This will be a gun stand and is is going to a spot I cannot get my truck and utility trailer to. I am making this trailer / stand where I can pull it in with the 4 wheeler.

Hopefully I can get the box built and in the dry next week.

More pics to come.

Nice build, how big is the box stand you are building on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzly1 View Post
      Nice build, how big is the box stand you are building on it?

"Thanks Grizzly, the box will be 41" X 72". I had planned on the box being 4’ X 6' but the axle was not wide enough for the full 4 feet.

Here is a drawing of the framing that I did using Sketch up. I had a drawing with the siding on the box but I can't find it on my hard drive I also noticed that I left a rafter out in the drawing, but it will be in the roof when finished.

Comment

Got the trailer frame finished leveling jacks, tie down clips and coupler welded

Sub floor framing done

Walls going up in the next day or two

Comment

Looks good. Can't wait to see it with walls up.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Very Nice

Comment

I remember years ago I seen one similar to this. But the one I seen the stand was elevated by tilt style. It was pretty awesome.

Comment

I like the looks of this one. Great work.

Comment

Thanks guys ------- got a little more done today before it got too freeking hot

Framing done on front and back walls and rafters in. I still need to frame in the end walls and door header.

Siding on front wall, I will cut the window opening later with my router.
                    Inside view

Outside view ------- one of these days I need to finish my carport

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

The carport can wait, you've got more important things to do

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
                          The carport can wait, you've got more important things to do

I like the way you think

First thing this morning I had to perform open heart surgery on my saws all time for a new cord.
                          Another trip to Home Depot like I needed a reason to go there

Comment

Following this one.

Comment

Originally posted by MA ELite View Post
                              Following this one.
                              ditto

Comment

Working...
                              X