Places to hunt near Ingleside TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to hunt near Ingleside TX

I am new to bow hunting, and have been shooting at targets for about eight months now. Aside from a squirrel that passed through the back yard, I haven't gotten anything yet. Does any one know of public places to hunt near Ingleside TX or Corpus Christi for hogs? I can't seem to find any where that isn't four or more hours away.

Thanks.
    joe

Escondido Ranch

Eligibility
    Hunting and fishing is restricted to active duty, reservists, retired military personnel, military dependents, DOD/NAF civilian personnel, and other authorized patrons in possession of a valid Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR) membership card and /or bona fide guests. A limit of two guests per day for active duty, reservists, and retirees; a limit of one guest per day for DOD/NAF civilian personnel, and no guests for MWR card holders. MWR card holders are not authorized to hunt deer.

Comment

nicholas,
      I am active duty army and currently stationed in Ft Hood....my family lives in corpus christi and i frequent the area often...aside from sharking down the national seashore i love to bowhunt....did not know the base offered hunting....what are the requirements to hunt and what species are available...deer, hog, waterfowl....is there a website to find information...sorry so many question but im very interested

Comment

Comment

If you can wait you can bowhunt the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge in Oct. The caost is 60.00 for a 9 day hunt. 3 deer and all the pigs you want. We also put on a IBEP class on in Sept. If you want more info. give me a call tommorrow I will be off duty till Sunday. I live between Aransas and Rockport on 1069. Cell 361-222-1152.

Comment

this is also something I am interested in since I live in aransas pass.

Comment

bonehead,
              thats an awesome deal im very interested.....

Comment

We need to all meet. I will be at opening ceremonies for little league on saturday in AP give me a call 361 222 1152. Im at the house now if you want to give me a ring.

Comment

I was down that way about a month ago and a local told me that you can bow hunt hogs on saint joe island. I dont know if this is legal or not. If anyone knows for sure let me know. He said that there are alot of hogs on the island.

Comment

I have lived here my whole life and unless something has changed the island is private and operated by the Saint Jose Cattle Company. It is not open to public hunting but you can contact Parks and Wildlife to make sure.

Comment

Stay off St. Jose island

I wouldn't step foot on St. Jose. The Bass family doesn't take too well to trespassing. If you're on that Island your feet better be wet with saltwater, and you're being watched from several angles (ground, and sky). Jason Slocum

Comment

hey bonehead...i hadn't been on in a while..been out of town...would be good for all of us around here to meet up though..

Comment

Sorry been gone from the green screen for a week out of state for firefighter rescue training. Give me a call we can set something up 361-222-1152.

Comment

it's easter...i will call you tom....i talked to a guy that volunteers at AP. He is also on here. Said it sounded like a good idea...if i forget. give me a call. 230-0701

Comment

That vol from AP is probably Gary Day. He also knows the refuge. I will be in GP today at 7pm for my boys baseball game so give me a call. I will be coming to the fire station in AP pretty soon to set up some training with them. I will give you a call on my way to GP.

Comment

Working...
                              X