Hog Hunting in Sam Houston National Forest- Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Hunting in Sam Houston National Forest- Need advice

this weekend i went to stubblefield lake to do some hunting, but I didn't see anything more than a few hoof prints and some hog wallows. I'm not sure i was in the right place for hogs. Are there any experienced hunters who have hunted that area and can tell me where i'd have better luck finding hogs?

I would prefer a place where I can set up a blind and throw out some corn for a relatively close shot(20-50yds).

Also i'm about to post this as an independent thread, but if anyone reading this is interested in a hunting partner, i'm looking for one myself. I hunt with any of the following: rifle, shotgun, crossbow, or compound.

I dont think baiting of any kind is allowed in Sam Houston..dogs are allowed though after deer season. Check for water, low lying areas..ive hunted sam houston 2 yrs in a row and have seen 1 hog so far in shooting light. There is however plenty of sign as far as wallows, rooting and tracks. But the pressure turns them nocturnal. Pm me for info.

Comment

Water is the key. Hunt the cool wet spots.

Comment

stubblefield is great!

Comment

You can't bait in the National Forest!

Comment

Hog hunting in the Sam also ended on March 15.

Comment

Yea better ck the regulations. Be safe not sorry

Comment

No baiting anything in the Sam Houston. Don't let them catch you hunting near a drop of bait, if they see it , its yours. The only time I hunt for hog is the winter, when they move around alot more.

Comment

Working...
                X