Reloading Bench Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading Bench Pics?

While the new house is under construction Im dedicating one room to my hunting room and Im having my cabinet maker build me a cusom bench for one complete wall with shelves/drawers etc but Id like to know if anyone has any pics of a nice reloading bench I can draw ideas from?

Have him make something you can set stuff on just my .02

Comment

Im thinking something like this but longer with cabinets under the bottom as well as lower so a comfy chair can be used. Just looking for design ideas.
      Attached Files

Comment

that is a good design. i need to build a better one. i want

lots of shelving that will fit powder jugs and lots of ammo cans where i store brass, bullets, and primers. also has bookshelf sized shelving for my reloading manuals and logbooks.

drawers for my die kits and tools. enough that i can lay some cutout mat and keep everything organized and easy to find

sturdy base and top...hate a bench that wiggles or flexes.
        carpeted shelf underneath for the tumbler to run and stay out of the way

sheet metal surface. i like my reloading area clean and metal is easy to wipe powder from and see that its clean

Comment

If you ever have visions of using a Dillon progressive press the bench needs to be rock solid. The general recommendation is to anchor it to the wall and floor.

The other thing I have done which works well is to install a trailer receiver hitch tube under the bench. I have my single stage presses and several other reloading items mounted on 2" square tubing. They plug into the receiver tube when in use and go away when not needed.

Comment

Ill post a couple pictures of my poor mans hunting room with reloading bench. Mine is an old desk with some shelves I made bolted to them. My advice is use a big room, because it will fill up fast. Also no carpet.

Comment

love the hitch idea. im stealing it

Comment

Lots of storage space. Plenty of room for presses. I prefer shelving to keep everything in view. I like to see all my bullets, powder and primers. A cabinet under bench for tumbler might be handy.

Comment

Their will be hardwood floors in the room and it's going to be 15 feet long. My last set up was nice but way to small, my tumblers stay out in the shop, to noisy inside for me.

Comment

Here's mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327254295.269404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	24044938

Comment

Space is good. I have 3 presses on a 4' bench. Gets a little crowded.

Comment

Here are some pictures of mine. It's in the man cave not the house.

Comment

you guys are way to neat...not showing my set up.

Comment

Holy smokes M16. Heck of a set up. Which dillon is that?

Comment

Nice pics!

I'd make an adequate overhang on the front of your desktop. Do not leave it flush with the cabinets below...

Comment

Working...
                              X