Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    The guns, high capacity clips, full auto mods, etc. enabled him. All bought legally.

Tell me why anyone needs stuff like that. Because it's fun? Cool?
    It's just like renting a truck legally and running it into a crowd!!! Ban U-hauls!!

The aloha snackbars in Europe sure do get their hand on illegal weapons!

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
      given the original intent of the the second ammendment, shouldn't we (pro 2a ppl) be fighting for the right to bear any arms that our military has?

originally intended for a well trained militia to be able to keep a tyrannical govt in check. in present day, all the ar15s wouldn't do a d@mned thing against a drone strike etc. so we really dont have the ability to check a tyrannical govt currently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jdam bombs aren't arms. They are munitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
        Jdam bombs aren't arms. They are munitions.
        very true. the arms of 1791 are very different from today.

the intent of the 2A was to give a trained militia the right to carry the most sophisticated weaponry of the day. if a militia were formed currently we would have nothing with capabilities to take on the govt (military)

although as mentioned above, the military may in fact become the militia.

purely hypothetical of course

Last edited by texasnavy05; 10-04-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          People act like slide fires and high capacity magazines were just invented yesterday. One guy goes nuts and that makes everyone that owns a slide fire or 100 round drum a maniac....I've personally seen a slide fire and a 100 round drum take out an entire group of feral hogs. So yes they can in fact be used for hunting,sane people do have them and use them like they're supposed to be used. I don't care what some nut job did with these things. That has nothing to do with anything anyone else owns.

If you think this guy that shot all those folks couldn't or wouldn't have found another way if the slide fire,high capacity magazines or the terrifying "assault weapons" weren't available you're wrong. If you think the inanimate objects or ammo are the problem.....well....go take your medication and hug yourself for a little while. That type of mentality is just insane.

If someone runs a speed boat straight into a crowd of people having fun on a pontoon boat and kills every one of them...women,children,old folks and one handicapped person....who is to blame?

A. The boat because it's capable of a high rate of speed.
          B. The deranged speed demon driving the boat.
          C.Chase This!.....Because he has a boat.
          Personally I think the answer is A and C because I believe boats and boat owners are dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            I agree. I would love to have an F-16, an Apache and an M1A2 Abrams...........if I could afford it.

I do believe, however, that our military brothers would honor their oath, and take whatever is necessary to protect the citizens of this country if SHTF.
            As a Vet, I promise I will protect this country if needed.. But, I only have bolt action rifles..... Not because I don't agree with semi or full auto, but because I can't afford the other ones lol

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
              very true. the arms of 1791 are very different from today.

original intent gave the trained militia the right to carry the most sophisticated weaponry of the day. if a militia were formed currently we would have nothing with capabilities to take on the govt (military)

although as mentioned above, the military may in fact become the militia.

purely hypothetical of course

One thing I will disagree with you about is the use of the phrase "original intent". With the Constitution, its Amendments and the Bill of Rights, there is no original intent; there was just intent and that was the purpose of the documents.
              Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 10-04-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Little bit off topic but related (you know, our rights and all). Surely all are OK with the NFL kneeling? After all, it's their god given right.
                No one is advocating taking their rights away like you are. We simply believe they are idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  No one is advocating taking their rights away like you are. We simply believe they are idiots.
                  That's not true. Trump is demanding they stand. Or be fired.

Comment

Their boss has that power when they are at work, correct? The employee is a representative of the company, correct? There are consequences to your actions, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                      One thing I will disagree with you about is the use of the phrase "original intent". With the Constitution, its Amendments and the Bill of Rights, there is no original intent; there was just intent and that was the purpose of the documents.
                      i edited out my "original intent " and replaced with "intent"

Comment

Where did Trump demand they be fired?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          And he's totally ignoring the fact that I said that because he realizes how stupid this argument is now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Where did Trump demand they be fired?
                            His infamous twitter feed.

Comment

See #159.

Comment

He didn't demand or order them to be fired.

"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, 'Get that son of a ***** off the field right now, out, he's fired. He's fired,'" Trump said. "You know, some owner is going to do that. He's going to say, 'That guy that disrespects our flag, he's fired.' And that owner, they don't know it [but] they'll be the most popular person in this country."

Where in the above did he demand or order anybody to be fired? He stated an opinion, which most Americans agree with.

Comment

Working...
                                X