Aransas nwr 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aransas nwr 2011

OK here is the info I have for the 2011 hunt so far. The IBEP class will be Sept. 17 and 18 first day will start at 0730 second day will start 0800. Scouting each day after class this includes all who have a bow hunter education certification. Scouting will start about 3pm on these days. Regular scouting will be Sept. 24 and 25 the weeekend before the hunt and Sept 30 the day before the hunt. the hunt at this time is scheduled for Oct 1 thru Oct 9 dates should all be finalized within the next 2 weeks. If anyone has any questions feel free to call 361-222-1152 Danny. I will update again as soon as I get more info from the refuge. Oh one other note the application process is changing again this year they are working out all the details I should get this info also in about 2 weeks.

Thanks for the update.

Comment

124 DAYS AND COUNTING

Refuge sure needs some rain.

Accuweather is reporting for Austwell TX only 6" of rain from Nov 2011 until 29 May 2011, Feb-May 2011 shows only 2".

With the summer heat starting I think the water situation on the refuge is to the critical stage especially when you factor in high wind warnings like they have this weekend, 42mph with 0% chance of rain. The drought doesn't need to end the week before the hunt with 15" of rain, it needs relief now!

Pray for rain.

Comment

Is the IBEP class the bowhunter education class?

Comment

Yes the IBEP class is the bow hunter education class. I will probably have the class posted on the TWPD website in early July. Believe it will come up as Austwell. I will also post on the green screen when I start taking names for the class.

Comment

What was the final tally for the bow hunting last year?

Comment

I will get the numbers for you this week

Comment

What about the rifle hunting?

Comment

Can you shoot bucks, hogs ect? also is there a draw or like a first come first serve.

Comment

First come first serve. They are working on how they are going to do applications this year. Hopefully will have the final information this week or thats what Im being told. They will call me and I will post all information on the hunt and application process as soon as I get the call.

This is how the harvesting goes on the refuge all the hogs you can shoot. 3 deer but only 2 can be bucks no antler restrictions. You are not allowed to kill any other wildlife this includes snakes and gators.

Comment

I hunted gun season last year. It was a windy weekend so I didn't see anything. I'll be better prepared this year. Definetly a good time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead2314 View Post
                        .....This is how the harvesting goes on the refuge all the hogs you can shoot. 3 deer but only 2 can be bucks no antler restrictions. You are not allowed to kill any other wildlife this includes snakes and gators.

What, you mean even the skeeters are protected?....

Any chance of RAIN?

Comment

Love bugs not protected but you need to be from them. They will show plenty of love. Possible rain coming wed and thurs.

Comment

DE DE DE DE DE DE hot off the presses the information for this years hunt will be posted shortly awaiting the email now from refuge just got off phone.

Comment

Here it is if you have questions please give me a call 361-222-1152 ( DANNY)

The Aransas National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) will conduct an Archery Hunt and Rifle Hunt for white-tailed deer and feral (wild) hogs. We are now able to process permit applications online. Apply after July 1st on the Aransas NWR website: http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/texas/aransas.

The Archery Hunt will be held for nine days from Saturday, October 1, 2011 through Sunday, October 9, 2011. A maximum of four hundred permits will be issued on a first come, first served basis for the 36,225 acre Archery Hunt Area. Proposed fees are $65 per adult hunter and $35 per youth hunter for the nine-day hunt. Online and by mail, permits will be issued by Kinsail Corporation. By mail, applications and fees must either be received or postmarked by September 17, 2011 to be valid. In person, if permits are available, applications will be accepted at the Visitor Center beginning September 30th. Each hunter is required to submit a separate Big Game Hunt Application Form (3-2356). Each hunt permit is valid only for the named permittee. Money order, personal check (made to:Kinsail Corp.) or credit card per hunter per hunt are accepted as payment. Cash payment will be accepted at the Visitor Center beginning September 30th. Do not mail cash.

The IBEP class will be Sept. 17 and 18 first day will start at 0730 second day will start 0800. Scouting each day after class this includes all who have a bow hunter education certification. Scouting will start about 3pm on these days. Regular scouting will be Sept. 24 and 25 the weeekend before the hunt and Sept 30 the day before the hunt. Will contact TPWD tomorrow to get class posted on their web site. It should come up as Austwell, TX

Comment

Working...
                              X