AT&T cell phones can't call 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT&T cell phones can't call 911

Pretty serious technical screw up by AT&T. Check your local news and PDs to see if your area is affected. If so, get an alternate emergency number from them.

AT&T says 911 service has been restored for cellphone customers who had been unable to call 911 in Texas and several other states.

Well, that's not good. We have AT&T. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I don't know which sucks more: At&t, or Apple's Iphones.

Comment

....and I have both. SMH

Will not buy another apple product and really need to find another phone company.

Comment

It has been taken care of. They should work fine now.

Comment

AT&T seems to be having a lot of issues with service in South Texas right now. I had 5 bars of signal today but no 3G or 4G connection and could not make or receive calls this evening for about a hour.

Comment

When does AT&T not have signal issues? And they're who my cell service provider currently is!

Comment

Not sure if this has been fixed yet or not. I'll find out when I get to work. But, if you're in Ft. Worth, you can dial

817-392-4222

It's the "non-emergency number" but is answered by the same folks who answer the 911 calls. They will prioritize your call accordingly regardless of whether your call comes in on 911 or the non-emergency number.

Comment

According to the email from Arlington PD, 911 service has been restored in the DFW area. They say the problem has been fixed. Arlington non-emerency number is 817-274-4444.

Comment

Good thing I don't dial 911.... [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good thing I just left ATT and don't have that problem with Sprint.

Comment

Working...
                      X