No announcement yet.

The Timer Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the ease of operation and simplicity of these units, but yes I have had a failure at least once a year or so. And that is just one feeder here at the house.
    They have always stood behind their product and replaced it.
    Hope they find a solution.

Comment

They definitely do stand behind it. When it spun all my corn out they sent two new timers and two solar panels with a whole new metal box with motor. I sent them my timer and motor box back.

Although the two timers he sent me are the ones going back now. I've had a long road with The Timer just not sure what might be better. Wish someone would make an American made timer for $100 and it work relentlessly

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
      I like the ease of operation and simplicity of these units, but yes I have had a failure at least once a year or so. And that is just one feeder here at the house.
      They have always stood behind their product and replaced it.
      Hope they find a solution.

Comment

They are infinitely better than wild game intovation, easy to use to
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-20-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

HCR...best timer made!

Comment

What's funny is every timer I've ever run has adjusted time up or back some. Like most watches they gain or lose a bit. I have three The Timers. Two of the three do. Not a lot but over a few months it gets to be from 5 to 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

this one over 3-4 months was about 45 min. We usually try to have feeders go off a touch past shooting light in the morning as those smart bucks i think know when rifle season starts and try to hide until right before shooting time but when it goes off 20-30 before shooting time it really sucks opening day

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              What's funny is every timer I've ever run has adjusted time up or back some. Like most watches they gain or lose a bit. I have three The Timers. Two of the three do. Not a lot but over a few months it gets to be from 5 to 15 minutes.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Have worked for me

Comment

The Timer

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                  So I used to the love these timers to death but wow have I had problems with them and have begun to hate them. I'd say at least two seasons I've had the feeder either decided midnight was a good time to feed or to not feed at all on opening day of bow season.

Last year I had one turn on and spin until the battery died so spun 300+ lbs of corn.

This morning I've got one that was 22 min to Early in going off. Went off at 6.38 when it should go off at 7. This has happened before it slowly changes the time.

I've talked to the owner before and he has sent me replacements and solar panels for my trouble but this is one of the replacements.

Any thoughts on trying to go back to him or possibly change to a better timer?

Scott

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
                  I had an issue a couple years back with a brand new everything feeder including "The Timer" What happened with me was the time would get way off or reset all together. I took the timer back and exchanged it for another and same issue. I used a different brand of timer and that one would lock up. I finally put a meter on the panel and it was reading the solar panel output voltage to be 18 volts. That seemed to high so being at a loss I swapped out the panel with a new (different type 12 volt) put the meter on it and it measured 15 volts output. Now it may be just a coincident. I have never really ever paid too much attention to the panel voltage before, as long as my battery was maintaining its charge I was happy. What is fact, is that since I replaced the panel I have not had another issue.

Comment

I've had really good luck with The Timer in the past, like most of y'all. However, every single The Timer I have bought from Buc-ees (about 4 so far) has been crap. Every single one had power issues and most would not come on at all unless I pressed on the batter cover. After exchanging 2 different times, I finally figured out I had to add some solder or a thin strip of conductive metal to the positive end of the battery terminal in the box to get a reliable contact. I think with the vibration a feeder motor produces, this is probably why some units are losing time due to.a short or momentary loss of power.

Hopefully, they have resolved the issue, but knowing how much supply stores like Buc-ees has, it's going to be a while before the bad apples get out of circulation.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                      Well got one swapped and this was the one in my feeder. So over a couple months it gained about 43 minutes. Got it swapped out as well. Hopefully this fixes the issue. This makes about 5-6 I've swapped so far plus a few on our lease for other guys.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
                      Sorry to be the one to tell you but your clock says 11:43 am and it's 8:09 pm.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        For you guys that love the foreverlast timers, they are made for them by WTFS, the maker of TheTimer. They are basically the "Plan B timer from West Texas Feeder Supply.
                        Is wtfs in west Texas or China?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X