X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outback and have them add Aoudad reinforcing bars to the protein spouts

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
      I am worried the elk will knock down stand and fill feeders when they get low on corn. These elk are really rough in feeders. While filling them we have one person watch our back because they will come right up to you.
      Originally posted by Patton View Post
      Contrary to what others say, Texas Wildlife Supply feeders will handle what you need.
      Cattle panel for a varmint cage and an eliminator spin plate. 12 feeders like this serviced (check the eliminator plate washer, set height, clean) once a year and no problems for the past 6 or so years. Aoudad and elk destroyed plenty of feeders before we switched to these. We have a few 600lb and a few 800lb feeders, some were the original prototypes, I forget which.

Recently added two Outback feeders, 2250lb hopper for timed protein and 750lb hopper for broadcasting. Only expecting coons to be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I have 8 of the 1000# not stand and fill Texas Wildlife supply feeders and 1 of the stand fills. I don't see any animal knocking over one of the non stand and fill and they are easy to fill from the back of your truck. You could even add a T-Post and each leg and then there would be no way a Elk could knock it over even the stand and fills. They will not be able to get to the spinner plate because the cage is very heavy duty.

Comment

Atascosa with cage

Click image for larger version

Name:	atascosa feeder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	24530695

Comment

I am worried the elk will knock down stand and fill feeders when they get low on corn. These elk are really rough in feeders. While filling them we have one person watch our back because they will come right up to you.
          The elk in my pictures are low fence so nothing like that, but as gonehuntin68 said, I don’t see the TWS feeders getting pushed over, especially with a T Post holding still. Haven’t checked cams yet to see how the Outbacks are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Hump them til they pee?
            Beat me to it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Surprised no one said “ kill all the elk “

That might be the best thing to do. We had a few oryx get acidosis and die from over eating corn from where the elk tore a motor off.
              I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!! Don't forget to kill all the Oryx too!!!

Comment

Working...
              X