Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short rant about people that don't keep dogs up......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to do a little dog extermination

Comment

Man that sucks. I would’ve probably done the same thing as your daughter in the moment just wanting to save the horse, but I absolutely agree that those dogs could’ve ate some lead and it would’ve been completely justified. Hopefully she finds the neighbors.

Comment

Totally agree

Comment

If this happened in the last day or so make the call to the sheriff and report it. If I knew where the owner of the dogs lived I would also tell the sheriff and be having a visit. Your letting them off a little too easy! After report is made set up a trail cam and see if you can't get proof of the dogs on your place again or even have you or your daughter try and take pics of them out.

Comment

I would still report it. If you do end up having to shoot the dogs, their history will be on record.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Well that's sucks. Your daughter dropped the ball on that, but in the moment I can understand how saving the filly was the main concern. Sad deal.
              Yep..tend to the filly first...

Me...I'm shooting the dogs that day...or the following day...or next month...makes no difference...

Comment

Your daughter needs to start carrying a rifle with her. On a large place in the country she may find it useful in multiple circumstances. Darn shame about your horse. But you are correct. You're likely not to get justice on it. However if there are other horses there the dogs will be harassing them so she should be prepared.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Those dogs will be back, be prepared.

Comment

I don't care about legality, butt-hurt feelings or whatever. If your dog is on my property harassing livestock, chasing deer, etc.; he's gonna disappear forever. If you love him, keep him off my property. I'm not going to come here and brag about it when it happens, but that's how it will be handled.

Comment

I feel your pain, I had the same thing happen to a filly of mine. Neighbors dogs ran her into the fence over and over. We immediately put a bullet in her when we walked up as she was so mangled. I would have done unimaginable things to those dogs if I could have got my hands on them. They ran before I could. The owners did the right thing and shot all 3, but we were still out a promising young filly.

Wonder what the "you shoot my dogs we fightin" guys have to say about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                        Those dogs will be back, be prepared.
                        I have half the horses over here in Fruitvale and she has the other half at her place. My personal horse, like her mother, is a dog killing machine. I might load her up today and take her to my daughters place in Brownsboro. If she is there and the dogs come back it will end poorly for them. During this move I put the grown horses one a small place we have over in the bottoms. It is a few miles from the house. I put them thre because they were going to have to kind of fend for themselves for a little bit. I put a mare and 3 young horses at my daughter because she lives there and they could be fed and checked every day. So much for the best laid plans.

Thanks for the support folks.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                          I have half the horses over here in Fruitvale and she has the other half at her place. My personal horse, like her mother, is a dog killing machine. I might load her up today and take her to my daughters place in Brownsboro. If she is there and the dogs come back it will end poorly for them. During this move I put the grown horses one a small place we have over in the bottoms. It is a few miles from the house. I put them thre because they were going to have to kind of fend for themselves for a little bit. I put a mare and 3 young horses at my daughter because she lives there and they could be fed and checked every day. So much for the best laid plans.

Thanks for the support folks.

-john
                          Be ready for the dogs' owner to want compensation for your horse hurting his dog on YOUR PROPERTY. The mentality of some dog owners is beyond psychotic.

Comment

Our horses would stomp the dogs into grease piles, I would definitely have a dog killing horse there.....

Comment

Texas law

Is it illegal to shoot a dog in Texas

A dog's owner is not legally entitled to any money from someone who injures or kills the dog while protecting a person or farm animal from attack. ... Texas law provides legal cover if you shoot a dog that is "attacking, is about to attack, or has recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls..."Apr 24, 2015

Comment

Since it does not sound like y'all know whose dogs they are. Take whoever "they" are that found the horse and saw the dogs attacking it to all the neighbors and put them on notice about what happened to the horse and what will happen if you see their dogs again on your property. If you see/recognize the dogs that did it, follow up with the sheriff on the report you are about to make, at let sheriff know where the dogs were seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X