TRAPPING SEASON Thread 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are some fat yotes.

Last year we had a plethora of cottontails I'm sure they've had plenty to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
      Funny how they don't show no appreciation.
      They’re downright ungrateful and ill-mannered if you ask me Eric.

Comment

Hey James this one was not happy either lol I guess I took his breath away lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey James this one was not happy either lol I guess I took his breath away lol

Man hes pretty

Comment

That is an awesome looking cat Eric!

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
              I guess he was. It would still take some doing to get caught like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Where in water valley are you trapping? Im in sterling and take care of a place over there right north of the Roadside park. Have sold any hides yet? I keep hearing they are gonna be low unless you have one with big spots. I know last year I watched the buyers turn down cat after cat at the contest. Yet I had some every contest they wanted bad enough to offer in $150-200

Comment

Originally posted by krazykritters View Post
                Where in water valley are you trapping? Im in sterling and take care of a place over there right north of the Roadside park. Have sold any hides yet? I keep hearing they are gonna be low unless you have one with big spots. I know last year I watched the buyers turn down cat after cat at the contest. Yet I had some every contest they wanted bad enough to offer in $150-200
                I trap the Walnut Rd. area and several places all around Water Valley. Sounds like we are working pretty close to each other. Coyotes are sure moving in to the area. I had two caught today on Walnut.
                I haven't sold anything yet but prices don't sound great. Nice cats will be worth keeping I would say. I sent all my cats to a Canadian auction last year and did ok. I still have four up there that haven't sold yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
                  I trap the Walnut Rd. area and several places all around Water Valley. Sounds like we are working pretty close to each other. Coyotes are sure moving in to the area. I had two caught today on Walnut.
                  I haven't sold anything yet but prices don't sound great. Nice cats will be worth keeping I would say. I sent all my cats to a Canadian auction last year and did ok. I still have four up there that haven't sold yet though.
                  Hey what are your plans with furs this year?

Comment

Hey what are your plans with furs this year?

I will probably send them to NAFA again if I catch enough. I have only caught one cat so far. I am going to keep a few of the better grey fox too I think. If nothing else be good practice on stretching.

Comment

I know you get more up there but lewing furs I coming thru now he is paying up to $120 on cats an $20-$25 on coyotes grays are about $7

Comment

I had a few IM's about tossing together some footage for another video...its rendering and covers the predator line, I didn't shoot any video on the other critters..

Once its done rendering I will do day two that we spent up there working with OWD and a few local ranchers.

Comment

Took a while to render..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NmuN7g1HPw

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                          I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                          Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 12-28-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                            Took a while to render..

This was a single day on a short predator line while helping a rancher put a stop to predator losses on his property.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                            Good grief man I would have had my dream catch that day lol nice video sir

Comment

Are these the size traps I would need for coyotes?
                              Bridger #3 with 4 coil with offset
                              MB 550

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                                Are these the size traps I would need for coyotes?
                                Bridger #3 with 4 coil with offset
                                MB 550
                                That's what I use

Comment

Working...
                                X