Madison County Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
    What road are you off of. I'm down by the river.

Johnny I've seen some good one this year. Good luck.
    OSR just East of 75.

Comment

Bucks are in good shape this year... hogs are in better shape though them and the acrons have got things buggered up

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        Something is happening. I started seeing dead deer on the side of the road yesterday and a few more this morning.
        Yep, same down here in Montgomery County. My wife saw a buck chasing a doe down the road from our house this morning and I just saw a toad cruising the wood line about 20 minutes ago. Like a light switch...

It's good to see some other North Zulch area hunters in here. I will keep ya'll updated on what I see or don't see. I don't have any feeders going yet but will get that going soon. I have one stand in place and need one more, already got the area picked out. I need to get corn going asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Yep, same down here in Montgomery County. My wife saw a buck chasing a doe down the road from our house this morning and I just saw a toad cruising the wood line about 20 minutes ago. Like a light switch...

It's good to see some other North Zulch area hunters in here. I will keep ya'll updated on what I see or don't see. I don't have any feeders going yet but will get that going soon. I have one stand in place and need one more, already got the area picked out. I need to get corn going asap.

Cool. My first year hunting out there. Seeing lots of does at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Something is happening. I started seeing dead deer on the side of the road yesterday and a few more this morning.
            Yeppers.
            Saw a little buck killed on I45, my wife all a sudden started getting pics of young bucks at her feeder, and i spotted one in the pasture yesterday morning.
            Up until two days ago, i we have not seen any bucks on their feet since last year. (they come on our place pre rut through post rut.)

I had 5 big nannies hanging out 12 yards from my set last night. I had an urge to shoot one for the freezer, but declined when i thought about those bucks popping up all a sudden. Hope my patience is rewarded this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

I wouldn't be in a big hurry on the corn. Got acorns galore unless you are in some of that mesquite country in NZ. Deer are hitting our hand fed corn but not visiting feeders.

Comment

As of the last couple days they are making their way back to feeders. At least for us they are. We are just a bit south of you guys.

Comment

Deer are moving this am around NZ. Saw 2 young bucks chasing so far.

Comment

Historically speaking when has the rut normally taken place around North Zulch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Court2005 View Post

I'm about a mile or two from where Madison brazos Robertson and Leon meet on the brazos side and it's in full swing right now

Comment

Okay, my dad will be on stand tomorrow off 1372, closer to 39 hoping to see a nice 11 with a kicker that we got on camera. Biggest deer we have seen since AR has gone in affect out there!

Comment

Okay, my dad will be on stand tomorrow off 1372, closer to 39 hoping to see a nice 11 with a kicker that we got on camera. Biggest deer we have seen since AR has gone in affect out there!

Man we must be close. I'm in same area just north of Lonestar Rd.

Comment

Good luck to him! We got some good bucks this year as well. More bigger ones than usual

Comment

I think we are, family place is between lonestar rd. and cedar creek rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X