In Need of Pop-Up Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
    I quit wasting my money on popups and just started building cattle panel blinds. They last longer and seem to keep the scent in better than a pop up will. I can build one on a 6' platform for less than one new pop up cost.
    Got a link or tutorial? Tractor supply is just down the road from me up here in WI..

Comment

Originally posted by ReDNeQ View Post
      Got a link or tutorial? Tractor supply is just down the road from me up here in WI..
      can you see the pictures from above?

Comment

Triple7 , what do yall use for the door?

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
          Triple7 , what do yall use for the door?
          4x4 sheet of plywood. But I have another piece of cattle panel that I may cut and use it. The plywood is kind of heavy and sags.

Comment

I've got the Barronet Grounder 350 and it is huge! I have more room than I will ever need.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              I have the Big Mike at the bottom of this web page. Big and tall so I can stand and shoot.

Comment

Our Primos Double Deluxe is exactly what your looking for! It goes on sale with mail-in-rebate regularly

Comment

build your own it is hell of lot cheaper and can do it in a couple of hours.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
                    build your own it is hell of lot cheaper and can do it in a couple of hours.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=660743
                    The only issue I see is being able to keep from falling out of it

I think I'll build a panel blind for my creek bottom spot next year. I'd like to be able to get 6-8' above the feeder to eleviate movement detection, as well as be able to get tractor forks under it in case of rising waters.

Comment

Just buy you a big mikes off of amazon for 179 with tax it's plenty big for 2 guys

Comment

Just got one from Walmart free shipping no tax. I like homemade blinds (I like to use cedar posts to build a frame, and branches and burlap), but they are not portable. I need to be able to move mine around and carry it on my back.

Comment

4x4 sheet of plywood. But I have another piece of cattle panel that I may cut and use it. The plywood is kind of heavy and sags.

How are y’all securing the tarp to the cattle panel and conduit? Are y’all using a certain kind of tarp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
                            How are y’all securing the tarp to the cattle panel and conduit? Are y’all using a certain kind of tarp?

Zip ties. Lots of them. I just used tarps from tractor supply for this one. I have wrapped them in carpet or old hay bale tarps. They will last a long time and when they do start to wear out. I just leave them on and wrap another around it.

Comment

Zip ties. Lots of them. I just used tarps from tractor supply for this one. I have wrapped them in carpet or old hay bale tarps. They will last a long time and when they do start to wear out. I just leave them on and wrap another around it.

The wind doesn’t cause the tarp to rip around the zip ties?

Comment

Not really. I use a ton of them

Comment

Working...
                                X