Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 East Tx Rut Report Thread.

Originally posted by anvilheadtexas View Post
    where does the data to plot these graphs come from? It would be interesting to know that. Can you share?

tpwd
    Last edited by gigem95; 10-20-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
      Where does the data to plot these graphs come from? It would be interesting to know that. Can you share?
      Google "TPWD Whitetail Rut". They used fetus size and fawn drop dates to back into the the day the does were bred. To me these graphs are awesome because it shows when the majority of does get bred in a given area. It also shows why you will see guys on here saying "the rut in on in (insert county)" 2,3 or even 4 weeks sooner than you would expect.

Yes, certain does do come in really early and some come in really late but the "rut" per se, is the same time every year, year after year. Bear in mind, these graphs annotate breeding dates. What most folks think of as the rut is actually the chase phase, a few days to a week before the doe actually is bred.

Comment

So, them northern deer is a little slow and lazy....them southern deer get "excited: quick, then they quit.

Nice graph. Great info.

Comment

Hunting in Houston County, the last 5 years have been pretty consistent. I start hunting harder around Halloween through the first 2 weeks or so in Nov.

Almost all of my bucks on the property have been shot around the 8-12th.

Comment

FWIW three bucks chasing one doe in Leon co. This morning.

Mature buck keep the other two at bay all morning.

Comment

Not positive yall would call it east Texas but had two bucks chasing doe around me in Leon Co....

Crud, just saw this ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                Not positive yall would call it east Texas but had two bucks chasing doe around me in Leon Co....

Crud, just saw this ^^^
                Well, it’s as close I get. But it is exciting to finally see some breeding activity.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Hunting in Houston County, the last 5 years have been pretty consistent. I start hunting harder around Halloween through the first 2 weeks or so in Nov.

Almost all of my bucks on the property have been shot around the 8-12th.
                  This for Newton county

Comment

I can honestly say that where we hunt in Polk Co, you can almost set your clock to Nov 7-12 being the best days. However today at 12:30 in the afternoon on the middle of the pipeline I seen the biggest buck I have ever seen on that property locked down with a doe. Checked cams and he was with a doe for the past two nights non stop. I know they all don't come in heat at the same time, but I do think its getting started now in my area, and will only get better for the next two weeks or so. Good luck to all yall!

Comment

walker county no activity yet all pics are at night just like last year and we do not put much pressure on them,uggggghhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by jp77 View Post
                        I can honestly say that where we hunt in Polk Co, you can almost set your clock to Nov 7-12 being the best days. However today at 12:30 in the afternoon on the middle of the pipeline I seen the biggest buck I have ever seen on that property locked down with a doe. Checked cams and he was with a doe for the past two nights non stop. I know they all don't come in heat at the same time, but I do think its getting started now in my area, and will only get better for the next two weeks or so. Good luck to all yall!
                        That's always been my experience in Trinity/Polk. On stand now. One card I pulled on way in showed increased activity this week but bucks were still at night.

Comment

Saw a nice buck following 3 does this evening in Brazos County. Not pushing them but following from a distance and grunting.

Comment

Saw three bucks from stand tonight in Polk.. two were traveling together and a smaller one at dark came in fed on corn . Also saw a big boar that looked like a black bear. Definitely more movement .... let's see what tomorrow looks like

Comment

Saw a nice buck following 3 does this evening in Brazos County. Not pushing them but following from a distance and grunting.

Comment

Hopefully I can report tomorrow that it was smoking hot

Comment

Working...
                                X