• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
    From that picture I would say no, High and Tight
    Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Not in an AR county... Dang shame too!
    No doubt illegal. He was a 10 last year and maybe a touch wider but still not close to legal. He has some trash you can't see in the pics probably 12-13 pts total this year

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Just saw this one posted....Polk County

Curious as where in Polk county. Heck of a deer

Comment

Question for Garguy, Jooger, and all those who have been hand corning for a long time: I have had deer, specifically some really nice bucks, on my hand corn spot regularly since July and now they're gone (they've actually been hitting my feeder as of the last couple of weeks). Should I stop hand corning for a while, maybe till the ruts pretty well wound down, and pick it up again in late November or early December? This much is actually kind of new to me.

Comment

Keep hand corning, they will revert back to home territory as pressure pics up around you. They are just cruising feeders looking for does.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
            Keep hand corning, they will revert back to home territory as pressure pics up around you. They are just cruising feeders looking for does.
            Thanks. I'll keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Looks like the Trinity Cafe is back open.
              Good to hear that! I will stop by there next time out that way.

Had a nice view from my tree stand this evening. Bucks are cruising my feed spots (3) looking for does. The does are extremely skittish coming in around corn right now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a typical early season hunt. I was late, trying to not suffer in the heat. There were 25 hogs leaving my feeder when I walked up. I closed to 75 before they drifted off. Had a nice, young 7 come in and get in behind me and blow down the woods. I climbed down after that not wanting to bust anymore. Walking out there's an obvious mature deer under my other set eating hand corn 300 yards away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                  Anybody in Grimes county? I'll be by gibbons Creek...hunting small tract for first time this area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
                  Should be a good area, I'm on the western side of Grimes

Comment

Originally posted by BufordT View Post
                    Should be a good area, I'm on the western side of Grimes
                    Cool...I just have a hand corn area right now..I'll be heading out for first hunt this weekend.
                    When does rut usually peak around there

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                      Cool...I just have a hand corn area right now..I'll be heading out for first hunt this weekend.
                      When does rut usually peak around there

I would say last week of October probably.

Comment

Have a few big boys showing up in daylight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          Question for Garguy, Jooger, and all those who have been hand corning for a long time: I have had deer, specifically some really nice bucks, on my hand corn spot regularly since July and now they're gone (they've actually been hitting my feeder as of the last couple of weeks). Should I stop hand corning for a while, maybe till the ruts pretty well wound down, and pick it up again in late November or early December? This much is actually kind of new to me.
                          Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                          I too am looking for some advice on hand corning. I like to put out a little hand corn right before getting in my stand or blind. I am low budget so I do not have a Ozonics but I do wash my clothes in Scent Killer and spray down before I walk in. I am currently wearing snake boots for obvious reasons. But Sunday evening a sow and a small 6 point both acted nervous coming to the hand corn. The sow blew out of there growling and the small buck turned around and walked away. Any advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            Good to hear that! I will stop by there next time out that way.
                            I wouldn't get too excited yet. Some friends of mine stopped in there Sunday for lunch. 3 of them ordered the buffet and one ordered a hamburger off the menu. 45 minutes later the 3 guy who ordered the burger is still waiting on his food while the other three were finished. They paid for their meals and just got up and left without the burger. My buddy said that a couple at table next to them waited almost 45 minutes for pancakes as well...

Sounds like they've got some kinks to work out after having been off for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
                              Surely that's behind high fence. Either way, heck of a deer. Congrats to the shooter.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion of high fence on this dear. There are some really impressive bucks in Polk and Trinity County.

Comment

Finally getting a slight rain up here but went ahead and watered my food plot again, it's coming along nicely and the deer are in it everyday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X