No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope!! Ain't gunna happen...too windy hurts my face and eyes kept watering..lol too many years and Maui I guess

Comment

Got settled in 30 minute ago. Heater going and nice and toasty. B& J block put out and a full liquid b& j long distance liquid stuff....smelling gewd

Anyone out? Or have I been talkin with myself the last day?

Comment

Not me. With family all day.

Comment

I'm listening, but in Costa Rica with the fam.... good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Man, that was a pretty exciting sit....first off really quiet from 3-5ish and the wind was still a bit gusty...I also tried one of those incense doe estrous sticks you lite up and stank a#* smoke woofed with the wind. I've been looking at those things for a couple years and though it was a bit weird but I wanted to give it a shot anyway. Then a rifle shot blasted and scured the crap out of me....sounded like it was super close, but at Walnut Creek area figured one of the ranches was close and sound traveled like everything does. That woke me up and 20 minutes later a doe walked from the trail they always come from but kept walking. 10 minutes later another doe followed in the same direction and kept cruisin...the wind was perfect and blowing my ozonic 300 scent wherever.(still not sold on it) then after sunset I see a big bodied deer following the same trail and I see this huge rack...Looked like he couldn't even get through the trees...very wooded area I'm set up at. He was about 25 yards but tons of trees and branches in the way...then he immediately turned around and started to trot away....I grabbed my buck grunt thing and gave a quick snort/wheeze warning in his direction then he comes back into sight at the same location as before and circled and trotted off again. I then gave two grunts and he comes back into view again...It looked like this target 8 I've only seen one time on camera way back when I first set up feeder. Still no shot and I can tell he was agitated and circling wanting to come in and investigate but he knew something was up. He paced in a couple more circles definitely wanting to scrap but just didn't take my bate and he trotted off again in the same direction. The incense stick was pretty much burning out with about a 3 hour burn time. I thought and wished it wasn't burning but again I never had a buck come in while sitting, so maybe it brought him in but he knew I was blowing smoke up his arse(literally) So your guess is as good as mine if it worked or made him more cautious if I hadn't put it out in the first place. Not sure if I'm going to try it again or not, but if I do, maybe I'll cut it in half for just an hour and a half burn time. Man, that was a really fun 31/2 sit. I now know what you guys talk about having buck fever...I'm roasting after this big boy. What a beautiful sight to see

Comment

@Maui-diver nice write up.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Anybody know when they're going to end our season out here this year ?

Comment

talked to jim and he said the hunting sure is bad this year compared to past years. maybe not getting in this year was a good thing good luck for the rest of yalls season.

Comment

I'm about to start stacking doe like cord wood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Best year in Georgetown for seeing big bucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          I'm about to start stacking doe like cord wood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                          You just may have jinxed it. I know just when I say it's time to take a couple does....boom, no deer to be found.

Comment

We got till Jan 31st to hunt everyone!! That's awesome!! Go get your golden ticket yo!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                              We got till Jan 31st to hunt everyone!! That's awesome!! Go get your golden ticket yo!!
                              I saw that email yesterday.

I'll be out in the morning.

Comment

Out now. Kinda muggy. Walked into a rooster welcoming the morning. Pics from the last 5 days.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X