Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Vote Against Trump is a Vote for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Vote Against Trump is a Vote for...

I chuckle when I see the oft-repeated phrases "Not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary" or "Voting for a third party candidate is a vote for Hillary" from my friends and neighbors here in our great state.

I don't yet know who I will vote for in November. I'm certain that I won't vote for Trump. I know I won't vote for Hillary. I can't see myself voting for Johnson, although there are potentially compelling reasons to do so.

But, no matter what candidate I choose in November (or if I choose to abstain on the presidential ballot), contrary to the common narrative, it won't be a vote for Hillary. In fact, quite the opposite is true.

Texas is red. Texas will be red this November, no matter how you or I, individually, cast our presidential ballot. So, in fact, my no vote would be a vote FOR Trump. A vote for Gary Johnson would be a vote FOR Trump. A write-in candidate - whether my deceased grandfather, my old chocolate lab "Tito" or my original primary pick, Ted Cruz - is a vote for Trump. And get this...EVERY SINGLE VOTE FOR HILLARY here in Texas will actually be a vote FOR Trump!

I don't care who you are going to vote for in the presidential election this November, and I'm not sure why my fellow Texans (and TBHers) seem to get so worked up over any other Texan's choice. (I can only conclude that many simply don't understand the electoral college system of choosing a president.)

Here and on Facebook, I see squabbles, people put on ignore lists or unfriended, etc. over the presidential race, when we already know who is going to win ALL the electoral votes in Texas in November (and I have a pretty good idea who will win the majority of electoral votes, nationally), and yet I have yet to see a single mention of a specific US congressional or senate candidate (bashing Cruz doesn't count, as his term expires in 2018) or state, county or local seat. I suspect quite a few (most?) of those stumping hardest in this "most important presidential election ever" probably couldn't even name the US representative for their district.

Want to make a real difference? Quit agonizing (and antagonizing) over who your neighbor is voting for President and start championing the appropriate down ballot candidates, nationally and locally.

Or go ahead and keep telling us how we "might as well be voting for Hillary"...because laughter is good for the soul.
    My Flickr Photos

Can we still bag on people that live in swing states and won't cast a ballot?

Comment

Come on guys, jump on him! Out with the pitchforks!

Thanks for a well reasoned post Michael!

Comment

Xbowhunter has hacked Michael's TBH account!!!![emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

I kid, I kid!!! Couldn't help it!!

What scares me is if enough people take this approach about voting or not voting that our state may change colors relatively fast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
          Xbowhunter has hacked Michael's TBH account!!!![emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

I kid, I kid!!! Couldn't help it!!

What scares me is if enough people take this approach about voting or not voting that our state may change colors relatively fast!!

Even if Texas turned blue for this cycle...we still wouldn't be the swing state.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Light blue this election cycle here. I could be fine with voting for GJ as he is more conservative than GW Bush ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Even if Texas turned blue for this cycle...we still wouldn't be the swing state.

True I suppose but dang what an embarrassment!!

I agree that too much focus is put on the POTUS! Way more consideration should be put on our house and senate elections!

Comment

. A write-in candidate - whether my deceased grandfather, my old chocolate lab "Tito" or my original primary pick, Ted Cruz - is a vote for Trump.
                Guido Sarducci years ago campained for ZZ Top as "a" write-in "candidate".
                Richard Pryor suggested "none of the above".
                Tough choices.

Comment

Popcorn heating up.

Comment

What's Tito's stance on healthcare?

Comment

This should be a sticky in the politics forum

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        What's Tito's stance on healthcare?

Interested as well, but I can almost guarantee I won't support him due to his ties to the Black Labs Matter group.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                          Interested as well, but I can almost guarantee I won't support him due to his ties to the Black Labs Matter group.
                          That there's funny, I tell you what.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              I chuckle when I see the oft-repeated phrases "Not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary" or "Voting for a third party candidate is a vote for Hillary" from my friends and neighbors here in our great state.

I don't yet know who I will vote for in November. I'm certain that I won't vote for Trump. I know I won't vote for Hillary. I can't see myself voting for Johnson, although there are potentially compelling reasons to do so.

But, no matter what candidate I choose in November (or if I choose to abstain on the presidential ballot), contrary to the common narrative, it won't be a vote for Hillary. In fact, quite the opposite is true.

Texas is red. Texas will be red this November, no matter how you or I, individually, cast our presidential ballot. So, in fact, my no vote would be a vote FOR Trump. A vote for Gary Johnson would be a vote FOR Trump. A write-in candidate - whether my deceased grandfather, my old chocolate lab "Tito" or my original primary pick, Ted Cruz - is a vote for Trump. And get this...EVERY SINGLE VOTE FOR HILLARY here in Texas will actually be a vote FOR Trump!

I don't care who you are going to vote for in the presidential election this November, and I'm not sure why my fellow Texans (and TBHers) seem to get so worked up over any other Texan's choice. (I can only conclude that many simply don't understand the electoral college system of choosing a president.)

Here and on Facebook, I see squabbles, people put on ignore lists or unfriended, etc. over the presidential race, when we already know who is going to win ALL the electoral votes in Texas in November (and I have a pretty good idea who will win the majority of electoral votes, nationally), and yet I have yet to see a single mention of a specific US congressional or senate candidate (bashing Cruz doesn't count, as his term expires in 2018) or state, county or local seat. I suspect quite a few (most?) of those stumping hardest in this "most important presidential election ever" probably couldn't even name the US representative for their district.

Want to make a real difference? Quit agonizing (and antagonizing) over who your neighbor is voting for President and start championing the appropriate down ballot candidates, nationally and locally.

Or go ahead and keep telling us how we "might as well be voting for Hillary"...because laughter is good for the soul.
                              Wow, talk about an ego. "I chuckle at people's opinions" " I conclude that nobody else but me understands the electoral college system" " your vote in Texas doesn't matter" " I have pretty good idea who is going to win the presidency" " people don't know the representatives of their own districts." " I do not care who you vote for"

All I can say is your an "IDIOT"

Comment

Working...
                              X