Golf cart gun rack help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf cart gun rack help

A guy over on Buggies Gone Wild posted a picture of his gun rack. It has a bar mounted to the wind shield post with some Kolpin Rhino XL UTV mounts clamped to it. He implied it was a DIY mount, he certainly did a great job. Anyone know if this mounting bar can be purchased? Or suggestion on a non-welded version for a DIY project?
    Last edited by jjake; 01-18-2021, 04:38 PM.

That bar would be so easy to build, even I could do it, and I think I will. Thanks for posting that pic, I want one !

Comment

You are of absolutely no help (he said jokingly). Suggestion for us non-welder type guys? Or...how much to make me a front bar? Here are the other pictures of his cart, he has skills.

Comment

Those bars look like they are store bought, to me... either way it does look nice, though.

Comment

I thought they were store bought as well. But Google is not my friend or at least I have not been able to find them for purchase through a search.

Comment

I need something like that front bar for my SBR.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              Nnnnaaaww ! My gun would be in my lap !

I like that other one, OP you could get almost anyone with a wire machine to knock that out in a few minutes. Paint and mount it yourself as it bolts on. I'm no fabricator, but the wire welder makes me look like one !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                That bar would be so easy to build, even I could do it, and I think I will. Thanks for posting that pic, I want one !

I like it
                And that's even the same kind of cart I have
                Perfect!

Comment

Check out Big Sky gun racks, a little pricey but well made and no welding. Amazon and Cabelas has them listed.

Comment

Comment

Well, I went the poor boy route and used PVC to mount the gun rack. It will do until I learn to weld.

Comment

Spray paint it black and it will not stand out as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                          Spray paint it black and it will not stand out as bad.
                          Agreed, I used tan since it was the only Krylon Fusion paint I had convenient. I may spray it flat black in the future but I don't think the pigs or deer will care.

Comment

Well I can weld. Wire or stick. I have a wire machine. And I would say the bar was self made. That weld in the pic of the left hand side is not a machine weld so I would say he and I are on the same level with our wire ability. So I guess I'll build me one.

Comment

Working...
                            X