Landscape question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscape question

Should I clean this out? It's a lease house and it looked like this when we got it last year. They came back without me doing anything. Just want a landscaper's opinion, since we'll be here another year I'm trying to keep everything up.

One way to find out if it's gonna come back is cut down around the base of the plants a few inches below the surface. If roots are healthy there is a good chance it will be ok. Looking at that pic though I wouldn't want anything around piping going into the house. Root systems can be h.e.l.l. on plumbing.

Comment

Yes, I'd trim it back flush with ground.

Comment

Cutem down to the ground. I would leave them until after the last freeze of the season, but I don't expect us to get another one.

Comment

Leave alone until after second weekend in March trim off dead leaves they green up and start growing, may want to move away from plumbing while dormant

Comment

Cut them back...once the weather starts to warm up they might start growing back from the roots. At least you will clean up a messy area...

Comment

Looks like canna lilies to me, cut back flush with ground, they'll come back

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                Cutem down to the ground. I would leave them until after the last freeze of the season, but I don't expect us to get another one.
                We better not, I just planted the wife a big garden for Valentine's Day!!

Comment

It will come back. Cut it to the ground though so it doesn't look so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X