Short longbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short longbows

My question is if I want a short longbow, say in the 54-56" range for an additional tool to add to the quiver (no pun intended) who else makes such a bow besides Shrew that can handle my 28.5" draw length? I'm just curious, and love having cool new toys. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm more interested in info on the short longbows and am not yet in the market to buy at this time. Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Check out Lee Hoots longbows. I know some real knuckledraggers with 30+ inch draws that shoot em. And they look great too.

Comment

Thanks Possum Fat! Lee Hoots site is added to my favorites....how do they shoot? I would imagine you have to do your part more with a short bow then say I do shooting my 62" Sarrels Blueridge.

Comment

You might look at Big JIms bows. Iam not sure of the lenghtp; but I believe they are shorter. Great looking bows.(custom built)

Comment

the hoots look cool

Comment

Big Jim's Bows have a really good following....come in at short lengths

Comment

good deal, thanks...I've seen Big Jim's ad at trad gang....have y'all ever shot any of these super short longbows?

Comment

Be sure to check out Chad Francis of Lost Creek Bows. The short longbow is his specialty. I have one of his that as a result of a terrilbe auto crash his wife had, her lonbow had a tip broken off. After he re -tipped it, it came out to 50"s tip to tip and 52#s@28"s. It was now to heavy for her and he sold it to a man in Cali., who traded it to a man in Missouri and then I traded for it and here is where it will stay! His bows don't come up for sale very often and when they do they don't last too long. I believe the model you would be interested in is the "Life Ender". He makes them from 54"s out to 62"s.

Comment

Tom,
                  The Hoots bows shoot great. I've only shot 1 but I really liked it. It was lighter than my 50lb Shrew, but it was so much faster than the Shrew, if you are into speed.

I've handled Big Jims bows as well, and his bows are pretty nice as well. I have heard varying times on Jims turnaround time being from 8 to 10 months, where Hoots usually has a bow for you in less than 4.

Comment

We make our Blackhills forward riser longbow in 56" and 58". Try sarrelsarchery.com.

Comment

The Shrews are wonderfully crafted! Bob's Blackhills line is top notch too. Steve Gorr's company, Cascade Archery, puts out a great "short" longbow called the Brush Hawk. Mine is 56", 49#@28"....smooth, quiet, and fast Striker also makes a nice "short" LB. I've heard great things about Big Jim's bows as well. Hope this helps!

Comment

Bob, do you think I could get away with a 56" blackhills with my 28.5" draw? I love your 62" blueridge that I bought from you earlier in the year.

Thanks for all the information guys...I am pretty big on researching a product before pulling the trigger.

Comment

It will go to 29" with no more problem than just a bit of finger pinch. Come by and shoot some.

Comment

I didn't see anyone mention Jim Reynolds Thundersticks in any post we have a couple to three of Jim's bows not only are they great bows but are reasonably priced to boot.

Comment

x2 on Jim Reynolds. He makes a magnum version designed to be a shorter bow. Check out "Thunderstick Archery"

Comment

Working...
                              X