Training for Spartan race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training for Spartan race

What can y'all tell me about it ? Getting back in shape and thinking bout trying on this year, have some old injuries but I wanna at least try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know your size and physical situation...but it's about cardio...and not worrying about everyone else. Just do your thing....and have fun.

Comment

Well I'm 53 yo 6'3 245 but I was forced to retire as a motorcycle Leo after 30 years , so I've been sitting around trying to mend back neck hip head injuries, the dojo where my 6 and 9 yo train are looking for parents to join their kids in the race, slowing trying to do what I can cardiovascular like between now and May.

Comment

I did the Austin Super last year. You won't run the whole distance. Get good at burpees. Probably upper body for the obstacles and obviously cardio. You don't have to be in tip top shape to do one. It was lots of fun. Look up the Marsoc short card.

Comment

Thanks for all the input

Comment

Get good at push-ups and pull ups and jog every week.

Comment

You might consider Warrior Dash or one like that. More on the fun end of adventure races than the extreme end. They are a blast

Comment

Mrs Artos has done all the Spartans...she says focus on upper body strength. Much more important than the running.

Comment

Is there a place for beginners to do the part that they can or is it all or nothing, wanna show my boys even though we get injured we can still continue on ,maybe not 100 % but you can keep going

Comment

Work on your pace. The obstacles help keep your mind off of all the jogging but just make sure you can keep going at a steady pace. Work on good body weight lifts as well. Gotta climb ropes, hop walls, and swing on monkey bars and ropes during the runs.

Comment

I may have too many old injuries for something that extreme , but I'd like to try

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                        I may have too many old injuries for something that extreme , but I'd like to try

If you get to an obstacle that you think you cant do, you can do 30 burpees and pass the obstacle. They're really fun, especially if you run them with friends.

Comment

Been sendentary for almost 3 years from my work accident and was retired due to it but I gotta try something to feel alive again

Comment

Try to run with your chin up.(Think Michael Johnson in the 400) It'll keep your i.t.band from getting sore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Run on grass, not on a treadmill.

Comment

Working...
                              X