Sent from somewhere in Old Mexico...

Comment

Thank for the link.
      That was awesome!

Comment

That was great! Good shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
          I've been using the 143gr ELD-X since September.
          "My experience" is they are perfect for large/thick skinned animals such as hogs. On thin skinned animals such as deer and coyote the bullet does not expand properly and works more like an FMJ. On multiple coyotes I've had to do a secondary shot to dispatch them. If my shot was not in the neck I'm not sure the deer would have died quickly. Again, this is "my experience" with the 6.5 Creedmoor. If you do some searching you'll find people with similar reports.

For hogs though they are absolutely destructive. With most hogs, like my last video hitting the dirt hard. I've yet to recover a bullet. Even in the largest quartering away shot on a sow that weighed in just over 250.
          That's great info, I'm looking to change bullets in my five five. The best loads with partitions I have got are just under 1.5 inches, pretty crappy but I've killed loads of deer with that set up. I would like it to shoot better and was thinking of trying these, think I'll pass for now based on the two reviews here. Thanks fellas.

Comment

Great shooting and Great video.

Comment

Dude, this video is awesome. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                Same experience exactly. Too sturdy of a Bullet for deer and varmints
                What are you other 6.5 creedmoor guys suggesting for thinner-skinned game? Just picked up something in this caliber and have been working on eld-x loads.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Punisher View Post
                  What are you other 6.5 creedmoor guys suggesting for thinner-skinned game? Just picked up something in this caliber and have been working on eld-x loads.

Thanks.
                  My buddy Brian has been using Hornady 123 SST's for a few year now out of his 6.5 Grendel. I tried some yesterday. The most accurate out of my 6.5 Creedmoor to date. On top of that, check this out.

This hole is the aftermath of hitting a 1/3" hand warmer
                  Talk about rapid expansion. I am very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                    No idea how to find the video but that's sweet! Congrats
                    same

Comment

Working...
                    X