Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spice can be deadly!! FYI

Got this in an email today!!!

FYSA!! My guys are telling me that a soldier at Ft. Polk recently murdered another soldier and wounded a civilian with a hammer while high on this substance. He did not remember the incident. Please pay attention to what your soldiers/children might be using. You can purchase this substance right outside the front gate of Camp Beauregard. One of my soldiers were recently caught with it by the local M.P.'s but it is not illegal to possess in Louisiana until 1 August 2010.

'Spice' incense contains designer cannabinoids

Reader Josh tipped us to this breaking story about a legal "incense" called Spice that is sold in head shops as a cannabis substitute. According to a recent report from Frankfurt, Germany, Spice actually contains real designer cannibinoids. Here is a Babelfish translation from the German news article:
    The mode drug “Spice” sold as herb mixture contains an artificially manufactured chemical substance from the drug research of the company THC Farm according to a new study. In the examined samples of “Spice gold”, “Arctic synergy” and “Yukatan Fire” found to varying concentration the scientists the substance JWH-018 in more different and strongly. JWH-018 is a Cannabinoid manufactured on chemical way, which is taken up similarly to the Cannabispflanze contained active substance Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) by the Cannabinoid receptors in the brain. JWH-018 possesses a similar effect as THC, is however clearly stronger.

Can spice gold show up on military drug tests?
    For now, no. But this questions is hard to answer.
    Erowid.org has stated that someone in the army has gotten tested for it and in trouble, but I find that hard to believe.
    Several Marine bases and air force bases have banned the use of it, but have not come out with a drug test for it.
    The problem is creating such a drug test to test the several synthetic cannboids out there. It would make the whole drug-testing program a lot more expensive.
    A lot of military do smoke spice and spice-alikes and have been passing drug tests for years now. It's a fact that it wont fail a drug test, but who knows for how long this will go on for before a high-ranking military official puts an order to effect regarding this issue. Until then you can purchase your spice at http://imzonged.com
    Actually, yes. All spice can be tested in the military. I know this is true for the Navy.

When did they get a test for it? i was in the navy for 4 years and got out (honorable) in jan '09.

No the Navy can't test for it. I am in the Navy and I know for a fact that everyone who uses it on my ship are passing all their tests!

It's true the military does not have a test for it. To understand more I suggest everyone to do their own research on the drug JWH-018. JWH-018 is the active drug in spice/K2 which acts as a cannabinoid; This gives similiar effects of THC, which is the active drug in Cronic, Marijuana, Weed, etc. Currently the military only tests for THC through urinalysis tests. Despite this fact the Marine Corps has already banned the use of JWH-018 but can only catch someone if they are currently in possession of the drug or, more often, catches them purchasing the drug. It's highly probable the other branches of the military will follow suite but since JWH-018 is a synthetic drug and is unregulated, it'd be really difficult and extremely expensive to develope a test to catch the many different forms of the same drug.

The Navy is currently testing for Spice and people have been testing positive. Just saw one boat this week discharging seven of its Sailors for using this drug.

I am in the Air Force. Currently under the UCMJ the only mind altering substance that is legal for us to use is Alcohol. Spice, sylvia or anything else of that nature is legal for civilians but not for military. Use of these substances is a direct violation of article 92 failure to obey a lawful order.There is no way to test for spice at this time however people have been kicked out for using this product. The most common ways they get caught are having spice on their person or keeping it in their dorm room.

Spice is a brand name of, and generic slang, for an herbal mixture laced with synthetic cannabinoids such as JWH-018.[1] The various Spice products are produced by several manufacturers and marketed under various names.[1] Spice products are sold online and in smoke shops as an incense or "herbal smoking blend", but the products are usually smoked for their cannabis-like effects.

What are the effects of spice silver, gold and diamond?
    It is very similar to smoking the real thing, except nothing in spice will cause you to fail a drug test. It lasts 4-5 hours, and you don't get the munchies. Strength wise:
    Silver - About 5 hits
    Gold - About 4 hits
    Diamond - About 3 hits

Spice is claimed by the manufacturers to contain a mixture of traditionally used medicinal herbs, each of which supposedly produces mild effects with the overall blend resulting in the cannabis-like intoxication produced by the product. Herbs listed on the packaging include Canavalia maritima, Nymphaea caerulea, Scutellaria nana, Pedicularis densiflora, Leonotis leonurus, Zornia latifolia, Nelumbo nucifera and Leonurus sibiricus. However, when the product was analysed by laboratories in Germany and elsewhere, it was found that many of the characteristic "fingerprint" molecules expected to be present from the claimed plant ingredients could not be located. There were also large amounts of synthetic tocopherol present. This suggested that the actual ingredients might not be the same as what was listed on the packet, and a German government risk assessment of the product conducted in November 2008 concluded that it was unclear what the actual plant ingredients were, where the synthetic tocopherol had come from, and whether the subjective cannabis-like effects were actually produced by any of the claimed plant ingredients or instead might possibly be caused by a synthetic cannabinoid drug. Upon further analysis it was reported in a German toxicology report that there were some harmful effects of Spice. Although not containing the same additives, A three gram package of Spice is said [by one study] to have the same health effects as a pack of cigarettes, although no conclusive evidence of this exists outside of the study.[2]
    [edit] Synthetic cannabinoid ingredients
    On December 15 2008, it was announced by German pharmaceutical company THCPharm, that JWH-018 had been found as one of the active components in at least three versions of the supposedly "herbal" smoking blend, cannabis substitute drug Spice, which had been sold in a number of countries around the world since 2002 as an "incense" or legal substitute for marijuana.[3][4][5][6][7]
    On January 19 2009, it was announced by the University of Freiburg in Germany that the other main active substance in Spice is an undisclosed analogue of the synthetic cannabinoid CP 47,497.[8] On the 22nd January 2009, CP 47,497 along with its dimethylhexyl, dimethyloctyl and dimethylnonyl homologues, were added to the German controlled drug schedules ("Betäubungsmittelgesetz").[9][10] Different ratios of JWH-018 and CP 47,497 and their analogues had apparently been used in the various different varieties of Spice.
    Another potent synthetic cannabinoid, HU-210, has been reported to have been found in Spice seized by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.[11]
    [edit] Drug testing
    Spice does not cause a positive drug test for cannabis or other illegal drugs using GC-MS-screening with library search, multi-target screening by LC-MS/MS, or immunological screening procedures. [12]
    [edit] Reported brands
    • Black Magic[13]
    • Black Mamba[13]
    • Fake Weed[14]
    • Genie[15][14]
    • Gonjah[13]
    • Halo[13]
    • K2[15][16][13][17]
    • K3[16]
    • Mr. Smiley[13]
    • P.E.P Pouri[13]
    • Proze Smoke[13]
    • Sativah[13]
    • Sence[12]
    • Skunk[12]
    • Smoke[12]
    • Spice (Silver, Gold and Diamond)[1][15][16][17][12][18]
    • Spice Yucatan Fire[1][12][18]
    • Spirit[15]
    • Supernova[15]
    • Warlock[13]
    • Zohai[15]
    They are structurally or pharmacologically similar to Schedule I or II controlled substances and have no legitimate medical use. A substance which meets the definition of a controlled substance analogue and is intended for human consumption is treated under the CSA as if it were a controlled substance in Schedule I.

These so called synthetic marijuana products are some variety of dried vegetable matter adulterated with one or more compounds that convey similar pharmacological properties as does Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive constituent of marijuana. Compounds which appear to be highly popular are the ones known as CP-47,497 and JWH-018.
    According to this 2000 paper in Drug and Alcohol Dependence from the Huffman and Martin groups, JWH-018 binds to the psychotropic CB1 receptor with approximately 4 times the potency of the naturally-occurring THC. Unlike THC, which binds with almost equal affinity to CB1 and CB2 receptors, JHW-018 exhibits a 3-fold preference for CB1 receptors.

Sounds very similar to "K2" which is also a marijuana blend substance. There was an article in the NYT recently about the dangers of this stuff. The guy who made it was a chemist at Clemson and didn't intend for it to be ingested by humans.

The notion that this guy murdered someone with a hammer because he was high on marijuana or a marijuana like substance is pretty absurd IMO.

Comment

Comment

But will it make your eyes glow blue?

Comment

wow - you know you're getting old when you have no idea what kind of drugs kids are doing these days.

Comment

cool. if it will make a cat look like that, I want some.

Comment

I am in the Air Force. Currently under the UCMJ the only mind altering substance that is legal for us to use is Alcohol. Spice, sylvia or anything else of that nature is legal for civilians but not for military. Use of these substances is a direct violation of article 92 failure to obey a lawful order.There is no way to test for spice at this time however people have been kicked out for using this product. The most common ways they get caught are having spice on their person or keeping it in their dorm room.
              This. The AF will aggressively prosecute anyone in possession of this and any other "blend" even though theyre not controlled. Policies were put into place about three months ago.

Comment

wow that is messed up

Comment

Working...
                X