$2.31 in Cajun Land

cost $32 to fill up the Camry yesterday which will get me over 450 miles

love that GasBuddy app use it all the time when traveling to BFE

Comment

2.32 in Round Rock

Comment

Best I saw yesterday was $2.37 in the BCS area

Comment

X Shell CEO predicts $1.99 gas until Feb. Then, when the one million extra barrels a day now being refined dry up it will return to normal.

Comment

This isn't directly about gas prices but thought I'd share these as they are on the topic.

We had a market analysis firm come to our bank and they discussed the Houston market as well as the falling oil prices and the results on the economy.

First picture shows the prices OPEC countries need oil to be at to be profitable. Pretty interesting figures.

Second picture shows the breakeven points of the major shales. They stated that the majority of Texas shales still remain profitable at the current price of oil.

They did state they think this is temporary (and possibly some type of geo-political play) and that they estimate next year's prices to be around $75-80/barrel.
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't like seeing gas prices this low, eagle ford kept Texas economy going during the past couple years, hope it doesn't go any lower. people with start seeing the trickle down effect all the way down to grocery store clerks!! A lot of people are going to be out of jobs, not just the oil field!

Comment

Still $2.46 here in lovely Clovis.

Comment

Cheapest in Ft Worth right now is $2.14

Comment

I know it's a tense topic and not good for the folks in the oil market but I was glad to fill up mine for $60 instead of $90 the other day. I can remember when it jumped from $1.50 to $1.90 one year the week I was making a 1000mile road trip. Never thought I'd be jumping for joy to see that price again!

Comment

Originally posted by mtmoore361 View Post
                      I don't like seeing gas prices this low, eagle ford kept Texas economy going during the past couple years, hope it doesn't go any lower. people with start seeing the trickle down effect all the way down to grocery store clerks!! A lot of people are going to be out of jobs, not just the oil field!
                      Nailed it on the head. It is nice on the pocket but not looking good for the future unless it comes up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        Wish Diesel would come down......from what I have seen sits still way high.
                        Just filled up for $2.89 Diesel @ Bucees in Richmond

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                          Just passed the RaceTrac store on 377 just north of 820. They had regular at $2.19 a gallon. Just a heads up for anybody that might be traveling thru this area and needs to fill up.

Man I was happy to pay $2.32 yesterday in DFW. Maybe I shoulda waited!

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                            I know it's a tense topic and not good for the folks in the oil market but I was glad to fill up mine for $60 instead of $90 the other day. I can remember when it jumped from $1.50 to $1.90 one year the week I was making a 1000mile road trip. Never thought I'd be jumping for joy to see that price again!
                            It effects a lot more than just those in the 'oil market'.
                            When companies relying on companies relying on companies relying on companies in the oil market start laying off because of the trickle down effect...entire communities/cities/counties are affected - in all aspects of life...

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              Just filled up for $2.89 Diesel @ Bucees in Richmond
                              dude you were robbed

it was 2.69 when i filled up last night!!!!

Comment

I filled up at Kroger in Tomball a couple days ago for $1.9099... cheapest I've seen in a long time. It's nice, but sure making me uncomfortable with respect to what it might do to my business and all the employees I have that depend on me giving them a paycheck every 2 weeks... Yea, it's nice but... sure hope we can reach a happy medium somewhere.

Heck, I remember paying $0.1990 back in the '70's, but from an education, a lot of hard work, and mostly from the Grace of God, I can sure afford to pay 2 bucks now easier than I paid that 20 cents back then... I'm just sayin'...

Comment

Working...
                                X