Deer Gods Must Be Mad At Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Gods Must Be Mad At Me

From my earlier thread, forgot my quiver and arrows in my haste to leave last night. Rectify that problem and go make an evening sit tonight, to only hear my feeder motor spin with no feed coming out. Feeder completely empty. Just put 350 lbs in it the end of August. Guess the cows or pigs bumped it empty, as it's only throwing 4 seconds, twice a day. Oh well,at least I have a backup spot to hunt in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That is 2 months ago.....how big is your feeder and how long does it normally last? If it is 350lbs it probably should have been empty. To calculate how long it will last, hit the test button put a box or bag around the control box and spinner to collect all of the corn thrown. Weigh it and you can get pretty close to the day it will run out. If it is throwing 5 lbs per day, it would last about 70 days.
    Last edited by rtp; 10-20-2018, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      That is 2 months ago.....how big is your feeder and how long does it normally last? If it is 350lbs it probably should have been empty. To calculate how long it will last, hit the test button put a box or bag around the control box and spinner to collect all of the corn thrown. Weigh it and you can get pretty close to the day it will run out. If it is throwing 5 lbs per day, it would last about 70 days.
      That’s what I was thinking.
      Setting yourself up for failure man!!!!

Comment

Good luck bubba... at least you're in the woods!

Comment

If you don’t have a cage around the spinner a cow will spin it with its tongue and it’s been empty since the day after you filled it.

Comment

Everyone is mad at you..

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              One little flaw in your formula but it might still be close

The "test" button may spin for varying amounts of time based on different feeder manufacturers

I would take the cage off, set feeder to throw at 2min from current time at desired run time (4sec in this case), jam an empty 5 gal bucket (box, bag, trash can, whatever) over the spinner/timer and wait for it to "feed". Then weigh the amount of corn it let out

All of it is useless if a cow, coon or some other corn thief is helping themselves

Used to be a member on TBH, Quadzilla that had an app that would tell you how much feed was left in your feeder based on input of the above
              Think you could also use it to remotely trip the feeder when needed too

Comment

Coons.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                  One little flaw in your formula but it might still be close

The "test" button may spin for varying amounts of time based on different feeder manufacturers

I would take the cage off, set feeder to throw at 2min from current time at desired run time (4sec in this case), jam an empty 5 gal bucket (box, bag, trash can, whatever) over the spinner/timer and wait for it to "feed". Then weigh the amount of corn it let out

All of it is useless if a cow, coon or some other corn thief is helping themselves

Used to be a member on TBH, Quadzilla that had an app that would tell you how much feed was left in your feeder based on input of the above
                  Think you could also use it to remotely trip the feeder when needed too
                  Got me.

Comment

Throwing a tad over 2 lbs a spin. So at, say, 4 1/2 pounds a day. Just under 60 days, should have thrown 270 lbs, with 80 lbs left. Filled feeder on August 29th.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X