Wildlife Biologist in East TX/NW LA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Biologist in East TX/NW LA?

Our family farm is a pretty nice chunk of land in DeSoto Parish, LA. We have only been trying to manage for older deer for about 4 years now, but we have had pretty good results so far. We are ready to really start spending some time and money on land/habitat improvements. I have some ideas on what I want to do, but I'm not sure where to start. I would like to hear anybody's opinion that has used a wildlife biologist to look at their property and make suggestions. How well has that worked? Is it worth it? Or should I just keep self researching and go from there?

Any recommendations for a WB in my area?

Farther down the game management threads have you read through "year and a life of the farm" by elgato? Pretty good things he has done on his farm in Louisiana. How much land are you working with and what are your neighbors like? If your neighbors are hunters maybe you should create a wildlife co-op and explain to them the benefits of what your plans will be, explain what could be accomplished by working together and show them what a 2 year old rack and 8 year old rack look like with proper nutrition.

Comment

Between us and one smaller neighbor we control just over 2000 acres. 10 hunters total. 8 family and 2 on the neighbors. Neighbor is of the same mindset as us.

Comment

Working...
      X