Older terrorist suspect and FBI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
    Say it. It is a legit question. Without committing a crime, what legal ground would any agency have to require this guy to com win for check ups, or questioning? And how does anyone know to what level he may or may not have been monitored? He was a naturalized citizen after all.
    Well I'll step up and say IT.
    People with your mentality is why our country is no longer safe, I am sick and tired of the "bleeding heart" way of life.
    If the FBI suspicioned me of any illegal activity, I as a born and bred US citizen would be under their satellite 24/7.
    BTW, I have my lunch packed in case I have to spend time in ban camp.

Comment

What premise? The guy is from Chechnya an Islam region that houses terrorists. Another country which presumably doesn't have the intelligence as us suspected him as a threat. I think that is premise enough...

Comment

I am sick of the bleeding hearts also. Its what has ruined our safety and freedom in this country. I dont know Bowhuntntxn, but before he gets fried here, I dont think he ever said that was his mentality or way of thinking. Its true the bleeding hearts have made profiling people a negative thing. We as gun owners get profiled but not others. It is digusting to me. If this guy lied to the FBI and hadnt committed a crime then how could the FBI follow him? Now if another country had him on a watch list then to me that would be a reason to watch him. And definately hold off on granting him citizenship.

Comment

Current Admin will certainly spin and negate their prior contact with this individual - but try to take credit in part for his brother's capture.

Comment

For what it's worth, listening to Fox news on the way home from work one of the reporters quoted their source (and I'm paraphrasing) saying an unnamed country asked the US to check on the guy. The US did interview him and reported whatever findings they had back to the unnamed country and never heard back from them again.

Comment

Originally posted by basskicker24 View Post
              I am sick of the bleeding hearts also. Its what has ruined our safety and freedom in this country. I dont know Bowhuntntxn, but before he gets fried here, I dont think he ever said that was his mentality or way of thinking. Its true the bleeding hearts have made profiling people a negative thing. We as gun owners get profiled but not others. It is digusting to me. If this guy lied to the FBI and hadnt committed a crime then how could the FBI follow him? Now if another country had him on a watch list then to me that would be a reason to watch him. And definately hold off on granting him citizenship.

FBI had been watching him for at least three years.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                You would think the minute his photo showed up they would have picked him up after the bombing.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                  As they should have. But last I heard he just became a citizen 1yr ago. How does a person on the FBI watch list for possible terrorist ties be granted citizenship? It makes no sense to me.

Comment

Couldn't agree more

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                      Well I'll step up and say IT.
                      People with your mentality is why our country is no longer safe, I am sick and tired of the "bleeding heart" way of life.
                      If the FBI suspicioned me of any illegal activity, I as a born and bred US citizen would be under their satellite 24/7.
                      BTW, I have my lunch packed in case I have to spend time in ban camp.
                      not a bleeding heart here but to quote what someone said above, freedom is a fickle beast...

lets just say u buy a rifle from a member of the forum and in the process call or text him, not knowing he has ties to and/or is being "watched" for activities involving some extremist group. now your phone number is associated with this guy and guess what, you are being watched too, your calls may be monitored and your contacts may be on a list as well, is this ok with you? would you be happy if you found out you were on a list and have "lost some individual freedom?"

people love to whine about losing freedoms and people not standing up for prinicpals, until it involves them.

and do we know that has hasnt been watched? these guys arent playing cloak and dagger, they all probably know they are on a list and know when to disappear.

Comment

they had millions of videos and pictures the kid was in his dorm when the news said possible suspects, they then took off into an escape, I think they should not have sent out info to the media right when they found the pictures they should have gone to school and picked up the youngest brother then man hunt the second. But it is what it is and it's over. The death penalty is on the table and they invoked the "Public Safety Exception" to bypass the Miranda rights under the 5th amendment. I'm waiting for the investigation reports which will be out in a few months most likely lots of material to go through. From what the oldest journal depicts is his whole charcater changed over two years and he sucked his youngest brother into it, the younger was an honor student tons of friends a good kid in the community scholarships to college captain of the wrestling team then this year he started posting things on the internet about no one holding to convictions and stuff. His friends noticed a change they should have talked to him or others about it might have saved him from turning into a coward and murdering others and putting the death stamp on his head. I think his brother who was a "loser with no american friends was turned by others that gave him praise and then he influenced his little brother. hopefully we can get some info out of him.

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        You would think the minute his photo showed up they would have picked him up after the bombing.

Comment

I had FBI call me but they didn't have to visit. I was not upset although I did nothing illegal they did their job and I felt secure. I guess red flags go up when you pull $20k in cash and purchase 6 ARs 4 pvs14s and 4peqs the real thing that brought their call was the check I cashed was from someone else so they were thinking strawman but nope I'm the owner so it was ok after 15min of talking. I'm already on a list though sbr haha just don't foul up and nothing can happen to you.
                          Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                          not a bleeding heart here but to quote what someone said above, freedom is a fickle beast...

lets just say u buy a rifle from a member of the forum and in the process call or text him, not knowing he has ties to and/or is being "watched" for activities involving some extremist group. now your phone number is associated with this guy and guess what, you are being watched too, your calls may be monitored and your contacts may be on a list as well, is this ok with you? would you be happy if you found out you were on a list and have "lost some individual freedom?"

people love to whine about losing freedoms and people not standing up for prinicpals, until it involves them.

and do we know that has hasnt been watched? these guys arent playing cloak and dagger, they all probably know they are on a list and know when to disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by GTXHUNTER88 View Post
                            ......... just don't foul up and nothing can happen to you.
                            this, this so much.

Comment

I am always interested in which side of the fence people fall on any given day.

Some people complain about the Patriot Act and spying without probable cause (and rightfully so). They complain that the law enforcement at any level should not even be able to speak to you unless they have probable cause that you have done something wrong.

They often use a version of the Benjamin Franklin statement, "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". I agree, it is a great statement and thought.

Then something like this happens and many of the same people want to know why law enforcement didn't do more. They got a tip, checked the guy out and found nothing that they could act on. It doesn't mean that the guy will not later commit a crime. It means that at that time, there is nothing else they can lawfully do.

Then those same people that complained about the Patriot Act, law enforcement stretching their authority beyond the Constitution and like to quote Franklin, want law enforcement to do exactly what they were complaining about.

....... as long as it is the "other guy".

Comment

just saw this on another site..

“Our whole social order could self-destruct over the obsession with freedom disconnected from responsibility; where choice is imagined to be somehow independent of consequences.”
                                ― Boyd K. Packer

Comment

Working...
                                X