• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lews ss

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
      get a lews or an h20 you can get two h20s for about a hundred
      First h20 I ever bought and it was a decent one about $60. This weekend. Used for half a trip. Dropped it bend the spool...bo clue how this happend but iys now trash. Luckily I had other rods/reels...buy shimano for salwater citicas aee good for the mo ey or find a used curado thats been taken care of....I fish a lot and ive dunked my shimanos wading cleaned up when I got home and no problems...my revos did not last long fishing salt. Great reels but not for salt

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        Best bang for the buck, no contest. The H2O Mettle.
        The mettle is what stoppesld working on me a few hrs after being out of the box...heard good things about them...wont buy another

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
          First h20 I ever bought and it was a decent one about $60. This weekend. Used for half a trip. Dropped it bend the spool...bo clue how this happend but iys now trash. Luckily I had other rods/reels...buy shimano for salwater citicas aee good for the mo ey or find a used curado thats been taken care of....I fish a lot and ive dunked my shimanos wading cleaned up when I got home and no problems...my revos did not last long fishing salt. Great reels but not for salt
          x2!!

Comment

I wouldn't trade my curado for anything. Shimano all the way

Comment

H20 has lifetime warranty and well within budget...

Comment

ABU Garcia 5600

Comment

Shimano curado! Best reel ever made!

Comment

Definatley check out the Bass Pro Shot EXTREME. Comes in LH or RH retrieve, different gear ratio..I prefer 6:1. I have 5 of them!

Comment

Have not tried the curado but I love my calcatta 's

Comment

You won't find a better reel for the money than the citica. I have found that other reels on the lower end (H2O, Pfluger) do not fair well in saltwater...I may have gotten a dud but I won't be buying anymore. I have never had any problems with my shimano's!

Comment

I've had a Curado SF for 7 or 8 years now, and it's a great reel. But I just bought a Lews Speed Spool Ts1 I believe, and it'll out throw the Curado. I don't like the handle though.....

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                            H2O @ Academy is going to be the best bang for your buck.
                            I would go with the H2O. I love Shimano's, but the only one that holds up to the salt water that I have found is the core and the old curados. The citica and new curados have rotted away in a very short period of time.
                            Last edited by Stolle; 04-16-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                              H2O @ Academy is going to be the best bang for your buck.
                              Add a set of Boca bearings to it and it will out cast $200 reels.

Comment

Originally posted by Hafernick View Post
                                You won't find a better reel for the money than the citica. I have found that other reels on the lower end (H2O, Pfluger) do not fair well in saltwater...I may have gotten a dud but I won't be buying anymore. I have never had any problems with my shimano's!
                                With a warranty like theirs, who cares how well it holds up? Burn it up for a season, take it back to Academy for a new one!

Comment

Working...
                                X