Hunting book help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting book help...

Ook... so... there was a book I read as idk.. a middle schooler? It was about a boy and his hunting dogs. I'm 99% sure it wasn't "Where the Red Fern Grows" Because I read that too and that was mainly about coon hunting.

THis book they hunted EVERYTHING with these dogs. Deer, Bear, Mountain Lion...

Things I remember,
    Timeline wise it was more settlers time.
    His dad was a small man and his mom was a LARGE women(idk it stuck in my head)
    There was a part where it was the full moon and his dad takes him fishing and they catch a BIG Bass...(i fish a lot too, this stuck)
    The story was as much about life in their time as anything.

Now, I could be combining books in my memory, but I'm 99% sure this was a book I read around the same time I read red fern, and my side of the mountain, and hatchet...probably white fang and those others around that time too.

Anything ring a bell? Any help, I've googled it till I cant think of things to google and found notta...

... thats what I was afraid of... lots of views... nobody remembers...

Comment

What year, approx., did you read it?

Comment

I don't know....but I want to read it.

Check out Recollection Creek, Hound Dog Man, Savage Sam and Wild Trek if you can find them.
        Last edited by Chew; 10-12-2018, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Doesn't sound like Red Fern to me. It was all Coon hunting and he had run in with Mt Lion, etc. Not sure on the one you are describing tho

Comment

William Faulkner Wrote a book with a deer/bear hound named "lion".. Don't remember the title but I loved the book. May have been a short story.

Comment

Big Red?
              Irish setters?

Comment

"Go down Moses : Lion" - collection of short stories William Faulkner.

Comment

May Hie to the Hunters by Jesse Stuart ??

Comment

Ol Yeller has a deer, a bear, and a lobo wolf. Along with a longhorn fight and a few hogs and a turkey. I’ve probably read it 40 times along with Where the Red Fern Grows.

Comment

On the way to terrier trial... I'll check those books tonight and let you know

I read it in like 2003

Comment

In for hopefully the answer. Sounds like a good book

Comment

Working...
                        X