RV ac guy needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV ac guy needed

Just hauled Rv 3 hours down to Rockport. Found that my ac is blowing warm air. Just had roof replaced 3 months ago. First time using it since repairs. Need a house call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RV is in Lamar

Comment

There is a Ron Hoover in Rockport. Also a Camper Clinic as well.

Comment

There is a mobile RV repair guy in Rockport but can't remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
          There is a Ron Hoover in Rockport. Also a Camper Clinic as well.

Do they do mobile repairs?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
            There is a mobile RV repair guy in Rockport but can't remember the name.

Come on! Think man, Think!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
              Come on! Think man, Think!!!

Is it just a roof top AC? If so, they are very simple air conditioners. They either work or they don’t. I would climb on top and pull the cover off and inspect all the copper lines. It’s pretty common for them to break. They also can’t be recharged unless you have an AC guy tap it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                Is it just a roof top AC? If so, they are very simple air conditioners. They either work or they don’t. I would climb on top and pull the cover off and inspect all the copper lines. It’s pretty common for them to break. They also can’t be recharged unless you have an AC guy tap it.

I removed the cover on the roof top, condenser fan motor is spinning, condenser lines are hot. No cold lines anywhere on the top unit. Inside blower motor is moving.

Comment

Originally posted by mossyoak20 View Post
                  I removed the cover on the roof top, condenser fan motor is spinning, condenser lines are hot. No cold lines anywhere on the top unit. Inside blower motor is moving.

Was the unit replaced when you roof was? So only a few months old?

Comment

Capacitor for compressor maybe be bad.

Comment

If it hasn't worked since your new roof was put on, I going to guess that one of the T-Stat wires came disconnected at the relay box

Comment

Call hooked up RV from Aransas Pass in the morning. They have a mobile guy and he is honest. Sold my dad a $3 switch instead of a $300 water heater.

Comment

if the condenser lines are hot, the compressor is running. Doesn't mean its pumping or has enough refrigerant in it. Don't dump much money in it. they are not expensive and easy to install.

Comment

Sounds too simple but check your breakers and fuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                              Was the unit replaced when you roof was? So only a few months old?

It was removed and reinstalled

Comment

Working...
                              X