Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have hunted Okieland my whole life...

Comment

I bought my own place 4 years and have Been hunting SE OK since. By far OK has better deer then where I was at in Young county for the last 20 years. It's different hunting in the hills (they call them mountains) because the deer move ALL day. the genetics are awesome where we are at compared to the smaller deer in North Texas. Personally I wouldn't change a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad96 View Post
        I have a small place in Johnston Co. I love it. Property taxes are ridiculously cheap! We hunt hogs there. No hunting license required for wild hogs on private property in OK. So far, I've been too cheap to pay the $280+ to hunt deer there, so we still get our venison in TX.
        So any nonresidents can hunt hogs there without a license?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in a bow only lease in McCurtain county. We have some issues with road hunting and dog running.

Comment

Originally posted by dbpredator View Post
            So any nonresidents can hunt hogs there without a license?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
            That's right. No hunting license required to hunt hogs in OK on private property, except that you need a big-game license to hunt hogs during any big-game season (deer, antelope, etc.). A license is required on public land.

Comment

One slight disadvantage in OK is that night hunting of hogs is not allowed without a special permit. But, for landowners, the permit is free and easily obtained online in about 2 minutes.

Comment

All my life. I hunt elk, Whitetails, Mule deer, Pronghorn, Pheasants, and waterfowl.

If you ever qualify for residency buy the lifetime

Comment

Just purchased property in Atoka co. past September. Pines, Hickory, large Oaks. Not going to miss the Mesquite thorns in My UTV tires!!!!
                  Beautiful property with 5 ponds, 1 sm lake, and an abundance of wildlife. The eastern turkey are huge, and plentiful. Goal is to retire there.

Comment

I’ve been hunting western Oklahoma for many years. Have good good success there, just had to adapt that area, lots of WIND days, more open pasture less trees suitable for hanging stands, went to elevated box blinds and love it up there. As far as roads on borders we’ve started planting vegetation (cedar trees and switch grass) along fence line of road to block view of those road hunters. Lots of deer there and lots of turkeys, and other game to hunt

Comment

Anyone have any leads on any lease openings in OK?

Comment

No deer in okiehoma. Stay home

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                          No deer in okiehoma. Stay home
                          What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by fishnhunt01 View Post
                            I've owned land in OK for about 10 years now. The good: giant low fence free range bucks, low property taxes, & absolutely beautiful land at a fraction of the price you'd pay in TX per acre. I have an endless supply of pigs w/ 30 acres of wetlands and take 20-30+ per year min btwn hunting and half-arse trapping and that keeps the freezer more than full. The bad: Trespassing (for me it's just been occasional hog doggers , no vandalism yet), hard hunting b/c the land is so fertile deer dont NEED to visit feeders, & license costs. General license + archery only is still going to run $500ish a year out of state. The duck/goose hunting is worth it alone for me. Nothing in TX (even guided) has ever compared to the duck/goose hunting I have available on my ranch. I have no regrets about buying in OK & living in Dallas. A 2.5 hour drive is far less than heading out west & I have access to way better hunting IMHO. 1st attempt at a pic upload so forgive me if they dont work...[ATTACH]899538[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]899539[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]899541[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]899543[/ATTACH]
                            That buck is an absolute monster! Hope you get him next year!!!

Comment

No deer in Oklahoma! They all fled to East Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cbail13 View Post
                                Anyone have any leads on any lease openings in OK?
                                Oklahoma City Sportsmans club has 20,000 acres in Atoka county and 6,000 right outside Duncan Oklahoma, those are both good bowhunting places. Atoka has a lodge to stay at, or the state park, but Duncan doesn't have a house. It's about $2,000 a yr for family.

Comment

Working...
                                X