Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I buy alcohol based wood stain in DFW

Hello

I placed an order for wood arrows and making consumables but forgot the wood stain.

Do you know where I can buy locally in the DFW area alcohol based stain for wood?

Thanks you in advance and shot straight.

I would check with woodcraft in Plano.

Comment

I use Rit dyes - use 70% iso-propyl alcohol

Comment

The Rit dyes work good, I use the 90%
        with all water base stains remember to wipe the shafts off really good, that is if your dipping your shafts in poly. to seal..it will run off and color your dip.
        me personaly i like oil base, give a good look to the wood grain and helps seal too...
        jeffro

Comment

I am using gasket lacquer can I still use Rit dye?

Comment

So this ( Rit dye ) is a fabric dye so should be available in wally or any other store ?

Comment

yes, the local grocery store has it too

Comment

Watco Oil is all I've been using for quite a few years now. It penetrates the wood and no other layers are needed. You can even soak the front 3" of the shaft for several days and it will completely penetrate the shaft, adding about 40 grains up front.

Comment

To set the Rit dyes I let them dry after using the Rit then I apply some white vinegar to a rag and wipe it over the dyed area. Don't get it soaking wet just enough to give you a shine. Let it dry for several days and the vinegar smell will dissipate. Then seal with whatever you want.

Comment

I like Fiebings. I get it at Triggs here in San Angelo. They have an online store, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X