Powdercoating a Yeti Rambler - question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powdercoating a Yeti Rambler - question

So I've got a question that I can't seem to get answered by anyone who sells powdercoated ramblers. I washed my first Rambler 30 in the dishwasher because I'm a dip and didn't read the care instructions. It most definitely ruined my cup. Yes, it still holds liquid but the heat/cold retention isn't the same. I think it melted whatever insulator they use out of the top as it is noticeably colder to the touch on the outside when filled with iced tea or whatever cold beverage I have in it. My others don't do that.

So here is the question. How do they powdercoat these Ramblers without ruining them? If washing them in the dishwasher is too much heat then baking on powdercoat is darn sure too much heat.....right?

They dip them, not powdercoat them

Comment

Air cure. I have had a bunch done. Or cure for longer at a lower temp.

Comment

Originally posted by Japeatr View Post
        They dip them, not powdercoat them

I've seen plenty that claim powdercoat and feel like it to the touch.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Air cure. I have had a bunch done. Or cure for longer at a lower temp.

Thanks

Comment

I had one of the first yeti distributors tell me not to purchase one that had been truly powdercoated, it will ruin the ice and heat retention of the mug. Same was told to me by yeti main office rep.

Comment

I am going to experiment on Cerakoting one. They have a line that doesn't require baking.

Comment

Originally posted by lone star View Post
                I had one of the first yeti distributors tell me not to purchase one that had been truly powdercoated, it will ruin the ice and heat retention of the mug. Same was told to me by yeti main office rep.

I think I'll just get a few dipped and not worry about ruining a $40 cup.

Comment

I know several folks that have powder coated Ramblers and they perform no different than normal Ramblers. In fact there is no insulation inside them. Here are two videos, in the first some guys cut a cup open, and the second a kid does a comparison video

Comment

Working...
                  X