Anyone ever wash an SD card??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    if you get the images off, throw it away.

it will fail eventually.
    Originally posted by SAC View Post
    This
    Won't they all fail eventually...

Comment

Washed and dried. Still worked for me.

Comment

I have left some in my clothes and wife washed them. Then one of my cameras seems to have a bad seal, because when we have lots of dew or rain, the card that is in that camera will stop working. The cards seem to get moisture in them. A couple of times I got lucky and was able to get pictures off of a card that got wet, but they seemed to die later. Most of the time the card was screwed right off. When I put the card in the computer, then check to see how many pictures are on the card, it will often show the number of files or pictures on the card. But when you try to open a file to where you can see each picture's number, there is a bunch of jibberish, basically looks like a bunch of symbols, that I have never seen.

Most every card I have had that got wet was done right off. There were a couple that I was able to get pictures off of, some of the first times, I had cards get wet. I got the pictures off, then later the cards had the same problem as the other that got wet. A bunch of strange looking symbols, no pictures. Every **** time, I was sure there were some pictures of a deer or deer, I really wanted to see, on the car, I could put the car in my computer and see I had 178 or so pictures, then as I try to open the pictures, I get errors.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
          Won't they all fail eventually...
          Yes, but at your advanced age, the unwashed ones will likely outlive you....

Comment

Had one in a small digital camera that got kicked off a dock into the lake. yr and a half later the water went down and we found the camera. Pulled Sd card out and got all the images off and used it for a couple more years before it failed finally.

Comment

I have washed AND dried one with no ill effects.

Comment

More times than I care to tell. But they have all worked and are still working. A few even made into the dryer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

yes i've washed and dried several of them and never had any issues with using them afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    Yes, but at your advanced age, the unwashed ones will likely outlive you....

Comment

Guessing this was an advanced age related activity....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post
                        Guessing this was an advanced age related activity....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                        Hush yo mouth...

Comment

I actually just did this for the first time as well. Hoping it's okay

Comment

i have washed a few and they have been fine, now the rangefinder, not so much

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              Doh

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                Last edited by texashunter56; 01-10-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X