No announcement yet.

2017 Kansas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be in Unit 12 from 11/14-11/19. Looks like I may have timed this trip right. Hopefully the third time is the charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
      Good luck if you get to make the late October tripZ
      Thanks, I'm sure there will be a thread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got home . Saw a few medium size bucks & shot my biggest doe. 165 lbs!

Comment

Y'all are killing me. I will be back next year in Fort Scott!

Comment

Hunting unit 12, but could only get away from work for rifle season. Heading out Nov 27 - Dec 2.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted the early muzzle loader season in NW corner, Unit 1/2 from 9/11-9/21. No luck on big bucks, everything was little 4 or 6pt. or doe. Temps were 95 degrees and the corn was not harvested yet. Will go back 11/27 for firearms season. Did see some shooters before the season opened, or the day I left. Wish I had gotten the MD upgrade, as I saw about 6 shooter bucks there.

Comment

I'll be headed up to Unit 12/14 early enough on Nov 10th to slip into a stand that afternoon if things look good. Turns out that evening and the following morning are perfect to hunt the moon. Underfoot near dark on 10th and Overhead around daylite on 11th. Hoping it's cold and good things should happen.

I killed my biggest to date Nov 14 in 2015 and hunt this time period every year for the past 10yrs. It can be magical and I cannot wait. We have some of the biggest deer I can remember on camera this year, even though some are 4yr olds, they'll be tough to pass up! I'm counting down the days till heading to Land of The Giants

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                    I'll be headed up to Unit 12/14 early enough on Nov 10th to slip into a stand that afternoon if things look good. Turns out that evening and the following morning are perfect to hunt the moon. Underfoot near dark on 10th and Overhead around daylite on 11th. Hoping it's cold and good things should happen.

I killed my biggest to date Nov 14 in 2015 and hunt this time period every year for the past 10yrs. It can be magical and I cannot wait. We have some of the biggest deer I can remember on camera this year, even though some are 4yr olds, they'll be tough to pass up! I'm counting down the days till heading to Land of The Giants
                    Sounds like a good year!

Comment

Dont shoot the bobcats

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                        Dont shoot the bobcats
                        Took a little longer than I thought for someone to go there!

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                          I hunted the early muzzle loader season in NW corner, Unit 1/2 from 9/11-9/21. No luck on big bucks, everything was little 4 or 6pt. or doe. Temps were 95 degrees and the corn was not harvested yet. Will go back 11/27 for firearms season. Did see some shooters before the season opened, or the day I left. Wish I had gotten the MD upgrade, as I saw about 6 shooter bucks there.

Nice pics thanks for sharing!

Comment

Going back in a few weeks. Hopefully they get most of the harvesting done.

Comment

Originally posted by EASTEXASARCHER View Post
                              Will be headed up around the 2nd of Nov. and plan to stay for 2 weeks maybe longer. Hunting unit 12 again
                              Public ground correct?

Comment

I'm headed to unit 7 (north central) on pRivage land Nov. 9th. My 6th year up there and have had pretty good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X