Ever had a jinxed bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever had a jinxed bow?

I've only been shooting trad since 2009 but in that time I've owned quite a few different bows and have been fortunate enough to have killed animals with every single one of them. Some I have thought were great bows and some were just not for me. But there's been this one bow in particular that seemed to be jinxed for killing animals (particularly hogs). I could shoot this one bow better than almost any other bow I've ever had but for some reason when I missed or made a bad shot on an animal, the percentages were higher with this particular bow. I actually think I've missed or made bad shots on animals with it more than all of my other bows combined.
    I'm not looking for any tuning or shooting advice. I'm just simply taking a survey. Has anybody else ever had that one bow that was just the bad luck or jinxed hunting bow?

No, but I do have one that has some good mojo!!

Comment

Ya but I sold it to Todd...

Comment

Yes. But not anymore. Have a Mathews Chill. Decided that I wanted to shoot heavy foc arrows. So bought some Grizzly sticks and started shooting. Could not get them
        to fly true. Sprayed them all over the place. Had the bow tuned and could not correct the problem. Decided that I would have to give up on the bow or on my choice of arrows and broad heads. Ended up taking it to the guys that bought Rhonda's Smithfield Archery. The guys at Gateway Archery had it up and running in no time and I took my first deer with it this year. Very happy to have the curse lifted.

Comment

Yeah but I sold it.

Gary

Comment

I have had just the opposite. I have had a bow that I thought had the mojo in it, and I was more successful with it than any other bow. I have never had one that I thought was jinxed.

You have not been mtn goat hunting lately, have you? It might not be the bow at all???

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              I have had just the opposite. I have had a bow that I thought had the mojo in it, and I was more successful with it than any other bow. I have never had one that I thought was jinxed.

You have not been mtn goat hunting lately, have you? It might not be the bow at all???

Bisch
              Oh I definitely know it wasn't the bow. Like I said, I always shot it really well and killed quite a few animals with it but for whatever reason it happened to be the one in my hand when I screwed up too.

Comment

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
                Ya but I sold it to Todd...
                What a true friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                  What a true friend!!
                  I told you he rigged that bow for you to drop it out of the tree!

Comment

Yeah, I need to put a safety harness on that bow just to keep it in the tree! I'll say this, he builds a tuff bow!! Its hit the ground twice.

Comment

I haven't had a "Jinxed" bow but I did have a 50's style recurve I bought and couldn't find an arrow to fly true out of it. Drove me crazy (which is a very short drive) and I sold it cheap. I tried wood and aluminum but nothing would fly true, no matter what spine I tried.

Comment

Not bows, it usually my arrows I have problems with, just can't seem to find that special one that never misses, they come off the bow and seem to develop oa mind of their own, go off hitting in places I never even thought about.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                          No, but I do have one that has some good mojo!!
                          Me too, my Martin x 200 almost cant miss ( a little prevent the jinx)

Comment

No but I have had several bows that felt the guy shooting them was jinxed. Lol Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                              No but I have had several bows that felt the guy shooting them was jinxed. Lol Arvin

Me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X