Here we go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go

I'll try to keep y'all entertained since all the other live threads are winding down. I'm about to head that way and be in the tree by 4. It's been slow so who knows. But it's a nice day might as well spend the afternoon with my bow. I've got a great set up with about a 15 yard shot to the far side of the feeder, and this ladder stand has been there so long it's all grown up around it and the deer never pay it any attention. I've only hunted it once this year so very little pressure in the area. Only problem is a serious lack of daytime activity.

Good luck. I might take a stand at about 5

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!! I'm about to head that way. Living 10 minutes from the lease has it's perks lol. But when the acorns are dropping it makes it tough in East Texas. I'm thinking I may try to get on a lease in the Hill Country next year.

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No acorns here. Limitless browse and 90 degree weather is keeping them from moving. Have the usual family groups dally, but have only seen 1 buck so far.

Comment

I'm in. It's insanely hot...there's no corn under the feeder though, so either they're cleanin it up or it's not going off. I guess I'll know at 5 pm!!

Comment

Did it spin? I list track of time and didn't make it out. Guess I'll go before I report to work tomorrow

Comment

Well the feeder threw right in time. So something has been eating corn here. Could be deer, could be pigs. I just hope something comes in before dark!!

Comment

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck, CRM. Stick somethin'!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing so far, but it's that time of evening...

Comment

I saw 4 bucks this morning I hadn't seen before. They're starting to move better. Stay alert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing this evening. I'll try again in a few days.

Comment

Good luck to ya. I've hunted several sits this year and haven't seen a deer so far. I usually see a few by this time but we have a lot of dogs in the area. Saw one yesterday morning chasing a squirrel, right by my stand. Hard to hit a running dog at 25 yds with a recurve but I came close.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                              Good luck to ya. I've hunted several sits this year and haven't seen a deer so far. I usually see a few by this time but we have a lot of dogs in the area. Saw one yesterday morning chasing a squirrel, right by my stand. Hard to hit a running dog at 25 yds with a recurve but I came close.

Doug
                              LOL!! I've seen a few but nothing like what I've normally seen by now. After next weekend my hunting will be pretty much limited to my normal days off since I took off 3 weeks already. So next Saturday and Sunday I'll switch to the rifle and try to get a doe at least to put some meat in the freezer then get back to my bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X