Texas turning Blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas turning Blue?

Saw several reports the Clinton and Trump are basically tied here in Texas. Several of the down ballot races showed the same.

Have we reached a turning point here in Texas or is this just backlash from Trump running on the ticket?

Play nice....maybe we can have a discussion

No Lo Creo

I call BS. I don't believe it for one minute.

Comment

I think we have turned.

Comment

Media can make up what ever they want and post/print it... I don't believe it either.

Comment

I'm afraid so. Nobody can compete with Santa Claus. To the masses, free stuff looks really good. Add in illegals voting ( so they can stay and get free stuff ), women whose only issue is whether they can use abortion as birth control, and all sorts of other " groups " voting on their pet issues such as labor unions, BLM, etc. you can look forward to living in Cali-rado-NY City without moving !

Comment

I think both sides really dislike their candidates. The difference is the republican side contains people with morals/values, who just can't come around to saying yes they will vote for trump. The left just does what its told. So that's what makes up the relatively close race in Texas.

Come election day, I think a lot of repubs will hold their nose and vote for the guy, and Texas will be an easy state for trump.

Comment

Dallas, Houston, and especially Austin are all liberal and growing. It's probably just a matter of time.

Comment

Remember "Turn Texas Blue"? Well they lost by like 20 percentage points. It's not going to happen this election. I don't like what the future holds, but it won't happen this time.

Comment

I believe it is the Trump effect ... People dont want Trump or anyone that vouches for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                    Dallas, Houston, and especially Austin are all liberal and growing. It's probably just a matter of time.
                    Yup, all the dang hippies moving here from California.

Comment

That's hard to believe right now but I know with every illegal alien that crosses the border and stays in Texas that statement could very well become fact. It may also just be the GOP candidate. I doubt that discussion would even come up if Cruz or Carson were the nominee.

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        I think we have turned
                        I don't think we have yet, but we are turning that way, along with the rest of the country.

Comment

Michael has a write up in the Politics forum before it got put on perm lock down......where his (and others) vote was going to a third party because they couldn't possibly fathom voting for Trump...and didn't buy into that their votes NOT for Trump were essentially a vote for Clinton...
                          they used the "texas is a republican state...nothing is going to change that...so our vote isn't wasted...it will still go republican..." reasoning for that opinion.

Wonder if theres any re-thinking that now.

Comment

They rule the roost down here in Jefferson County. At the rate they reproduce it won't be long...

Comment

We just need better lying GOP candidates. They need to say with a straight face they love illegals and want to give them all more free stuff than the Dems. Just lie about everything like Dems do but do the opposite once elected.

And it's hard to believe. I want anyone here to do a sample poll in any city in Texas. Tell me the results. No way more than 50% would vote for Hillary...maybe 20% max. But heck I don't know anyone who would.

Comment

Working...
                              X