No announcement yet.

Light Weight Pole Stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used bailing wire, rope and even a fish stringer but I like 12 gauge 110 wiring the best.

Click image for larger version

Name:	120306 010 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	23844656

Name:	120306 011 (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	23844657

Name:	120306 013 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	23844658

Name:	120306 014 (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	23844659

Comment

Brandon let me know what size rings and I can probably find
      some pier steel that is already bent!

Comment

I use ratchet straps to secure mine

Comment

Boy, those pole stands are great, uh, as long as you have a tree exactly where you want to hunt. That's the advantage of the tri-pod, no tree necessary, and they are only one leg more weight than a uni-leg with a climbing pole. You don't have to climb a tree to tie it off. And for strength, my friend, Andy hunts out of them and he weighs 335#. You can also use them in the field or at camp for a game lift platform. I copied a friends design and improved on it and have hunted out of them for over 30 yrs.

As I have a welding business and they are not covered on my insurance, I do not sell them. If you would like I will take pictures and post them.

Comment

Draco, I'm sure your tripods are great and have been working well for you for over 30 years. The pole stands have been working well for me for over 30 years as well.

Just different strokes for different folks... or different scenes for different folks…

BTW, I've never had to climbed a tree to tie one off either. I take it you've never tried one before?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
              Brandon let me know what size rings and I can probably find
              some pier steel that is already bent!
              Chris thanks. I will let you know.

Comment

Chris, I'd be interested in some of those rings as well....

Comment

Cotton,

What size ring do you make yours?

Comment

Make them a little bigger than the seat, I forget the measurements but that way you can stand and stretch easily when needed.

Comment

I built a couple this weekend. Used 2" square tubing for the pole and built the platform out of 3/4' square tubing. I made mine adjustable by cutting a piece of 1 3/4" square tubing 3 ft long. This slides into the 2". I can adjust the heighth from 10ft -13 ft. I will try to post pics later. Thanks Cotton for the pics and Ideas.

Comment

Been building and hunting out of them for years, I use thin wall tubing and make them adjustable on the height. I use a boat seat on mine and have a ratchat straps to keep them where I need them in the tree....

Comment

I would love to see some of those pics and designs on both the pole stands and the tripods. I have even thought of using rigid conduit for a more permanent stand. I would put a short piece in the ground (maybe even concrete it in) with the theads sticking above the ground. i could then just stand the pole up and screw them together with a rigid coupling. This would work well for pine cutovers here in GA. I could just put it next to one of the 10' young pines and be well hidden. I can't weld to the head (chair, footrest, ladder, etc) would be a little difficult.

Comment

Brandon,
                            Could you please post some pics of yours with the 2" tubing?

Comment

4b,

I will try to get some pics posted . For some odd reason me , computers and cameras have a bad working relationship!!! I will get my wife to take some pics and email them to me here at the office.

Comment

Same here. I for the life o fme cannot post pics on TBH. I am just really interested to see you use 2" tubing because I have a lot of that laying arounf the ranch.

Comment

Working...
                                X