Probably won't need a patent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tod View Post
    The only possible issue that I can see, it is 8.5" from the side to the spinner plate. In my experience, if a coon can touch it, he will tear it up and I am not sure 8.5" is enough.
    Yep--those little 'coon arms will reach in, spin the plate until the feeder is empty. I use 1" mesh with cage diameter large enough to go over the barrel. Hold it on with a ratchet strap.

Comment

I usually use fly bait for coons but I am not sure how the land owner would feel about total eradication of her coons.

Txchickenranch.
      Avezorak is correct. The cattle panel on the ground prevents the hogs from digging a hole in the ground. But it still allows them to eat.

Comment

I modified an old shopping cart for the cage on my feeder. It works great!

Comment

I have used 4" pvc and chained it to the feeder barrel and slid the pvc over the legs having the bottom of the pvc about a foot or so off the ground. They try to climb it and slide right off.

Comment

Very good idea! If I could tweak it just a bit for you, I would line it with some mesh wire small enough to keep the coons hands out. They will still reach that spinner. I have just a regular old remmington dog kennel, and I used to keep it on the back porch. I had a blanket and a pillow in there for my dog, and I kid you not, they had that blanket, and half that pillow pulled almost halfway through those small squares on the door trying to get them out. Hell, I could barely pull them out myself, trying to salvage what was left of them. Those dudes are clever and strong.

Comment

Working...
            X