Single pin sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single pin sight

I use a HHA with 2" housing, is there a better brand out there??

You will get a lot of differing opinions on this. The key to the decision is, what works for you? Personally, I really like my trophy ridge react one. If I am slightly off at 50, I can adjust it on the fly without needing a new tape, and I should be perfectly fine at every distance out to 100. I like to back out past 60 as much as possible, so I need a sight with a small enough housing to be able to really focus in. The TR does that for me. I still have some adjustments I would like to make, but I have a sight that will let me do that without hassle, so it is easy to just go shoot a few and get dialed in.

All that being said, my dream sight is a Spott Hogg Hogg Father.

Comment

I use the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie and I love it

Comment

I've had this sight for several years, it fell with my Q2 attached. I sent it in and HHA inspected it and said it was like new and is.
        It's on a ez7 now and I'm good up to 60yds.

Comment

I've gone through a dozen and candidly the HHA is on the lower end of my preferences

i really like the
          accutouch
          sword centurion
          Spott Hogg
          MBG Ascent

I have the accutouch right now

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
            I've gone through a dozen and candidly the HHA is on the lower end of my preferences

i really like the
            accutouch
            sword centurion
            Spott Hogg
            MBG Ascent

I have the accutouch right now

Sean what drives your preference for these brands? Why do you feel they are better? I haven't looked at sights in years.

Comment

I'm looking an Apex Covert Pro

Comment

I haven't looked at sights or rests for at least six years. New bow old hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Sean what drives your preference for these brands? Why do you feel they are better? I haven't looked at sights in years.
                  The accutouch is very well built and with the carbon arm is light. I also very much like the adjustable locks that allow you to simply click to the next distance without have a ton of difficulty "lining up" the arrow and the distance. Bright pin, adjustable, can see distances without turning the bow. well made

Sword is what I've shot for a many years. It's extremely well built, solid and sword makes great pins

Spott Hogg and MBG were both great sites but in both cases I bought the 1.75 houses and I've found my eye doesn't like that size. Not sure if I didn't like the sight as much as I prefer the smaller housing.

I don't like hha's because I believe their a bit basic . . . besides the rheostat i've just found them to not be of the same caliber as the four i've listed.

Comment

There have been several other threads with lots of information and opinions on single pin sights.

Comment

I have tried them all and I personally like the confidence I get with the Trophy Ridge React 1. It is so simple to dial in. The new React 1 Pro is lighter, faster, and catches more light. That said, I wont hunt with a single pin. I took it to NM last year for Desert Mule deer and got tired of having to adjust constantly on moving deer. it is the best for 3D, but I prefer a 3 pin slider, or 7 pin fixed over the single pin for hunting.

Comment

I also shoot an HHA, but not sure of the model. Works just fine for me. Keeps me dead on out to 50 yards.

Comment

I had the same question and wound up going with an HHA 5019.

Comment

Loving the Apex Covert Pro, had it on a backup bow and it's now my favorite sight ever. I leave it set at 25 yards and I am good 15-35 yards. Love the green led against my red Sniper Hog Light.

Comment

Working...
                            X