Collbran, CO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collbran, CO

Anyone familiar with this area? I'll be looking for Muleys, probably towards the North.

Yes. Hunting 421?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep i know it well. I killed my second muley ever there! I was stationed in grand junction! Lots of forkies around the public!!!! if u can get landowner permission to hunt private is where its at!
      Last edited by NAVY CHIEF; 08-26-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I killed my biggest muley in Texas....Colorado gets no more of my $$$

Comment

Collbran has a job corps school there! That's about it...small town...most people drive to teach there from rifle and grand junction...

Comment

North of collbran is canyons straight up and down....fyi

Comment

I've never been, just looking at maps now. I hope am not blocked access to get to where I want to go. I'm going in a bit south of Collbran and hopefully work my way towards Horse Mountain or perhaps a little east of there. Weather will probably dictate how far I will go.

I can hunt units 41, 421, and 42. Everything is going to be on my back.

Comment

Looking for Muleys near Collbran, CO

What do you think of this schedule? It's ambitious and depends on me finding water for replenishment.
                Attached Files

Comment

Holy crape you must be part mountain goat!

Comment

hunted that area 25 yrs we had a cabin north of horse mt on Wallace creek, we mainly hunted the valley south of Battlement Mesa or Haystack Mt.we came in from Parachute.20 yrs ago that area was full of 30in bucks ,then they went down hill and the elk hunting got good

Comment

Man goat

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                      Holy crape you must be part mountain goat!
                      It is a little ambitious. It's going to have to be big if I take one close to Horse Mtn.

Again, weather and water availability is going to dictate where I go and how far I go.

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
                        hunted that area 25 yrs we had a cabin north of horse mt on Wallace creek, we mainly hunted the valley south of Battlement Mesa or Haystack Mt.we came in from Parachute.20 yrs ago that area was full of 30in bucks ,then they went down hill and the elk hunting got good
                        There's quite a bit of private land along 330. I am thinking that it will be less crowded where I'm going, but who knows. im hoping to find a nice area to observe and hopefully get some patterns of their movement.

Comment

Sending you a PM. I used to live and work out there

Comment

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
                            I was planning on checking that area, they have these areas called 'Southpaw'. Those areas look like they have some open areas that might be good.

Comment

east side of Horse mt is Bear gulch, the north side of that is fire ridge is a good area. where the oak brush meets the aspens is good, that brush down low is super thick.

Comment

Working...
                              X