Whitetail Drawn Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whitetail Drawn Hunts

The 2017-18 season was the first year I took part in the drawn hunt system here in Texas. I was drawn at Boggy Creek and ended up narrowly missing a chance at a buck. However I’m hearing more and more about the same type of lottery hunts in states like Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, etc. has anyone ever been drawn for one of these hunts? Is it worth the drive? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Oklahoma you have to pay to play, meaning you have to buy a regular hunting license (and no, my $280 deer tag doesn’t count) to be able to apply. I want to say it’s around $160 or so and draw odds can be really low on the good ones. Texas needs to adopt this for our hunts, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by JW774 View Post
      In Oklahoma you have to pay to play, meaning you have to buy a regular hunting license (and no, my $280 deer tag doesn’t count) to be able to apply. I want to say it’s around $160 or so and draw odds can be really low on the good ones. Texas needs to adopt this for our hunts, imo.
      Agree. I wish we would adopt the policy where out of state hunters have to buy a license or pay an increased fee to take part in lottery hunts.

Comment

Working...
      X