Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabelas boots, lifetime warranty farce.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabelas boots, lifetime warranty farce.....

Tried to return a pair of cabelas outfitter boots with lifetime warranty as the liner inside came apart.....was informed by Allen Cabelas manager that the boots had obviously exceeded their lifetime and they are only good for 3-4 yrs........wanted just to exchange them. Granted I've had them for a few years but not a lifetime......was telling my buddies that morning in the goose field that I was gonna buy only Cabela's boots due to warranty and a couple hours later I walked out of the store fuming......I've spent thousands of dollars at Cabela's dating back to when they were mail order only and their customer service was spectacular, well those days are over. Walked out with my $75 gift card still in my pocket and hopefully wife can return to Sam's and stopped at Academy in McKinney and spent $70 on gloves and sweatshirt. Sad part too is when leaving Cabela's mad I actually was wearing a Cabelas sweatshirt...Specifically bought wife and I Cabela's waders due to lifetime warranty, not a lot of faith in that now !!!!! Sent email to Cabela's customer service so that's left to be seen......

Did ask what "Lifetime" meant to him? I going to take back a broken arrow, it says it has a lifetime warranty.

Comment

I recently saw some verbiage on the website about "lifetime warranty" when looking for some post season deals on high dollar camo and found it appealing and was taking that into consideration. I will reconsider the purchase now.

Comment

Does it say "lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship?" If so, "normal wearing" isn't covered. Hard to imagine footwear being guaranteed for the life of the purchaser..

Comment

Take them to Waco. They will honor it.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
            Did ask what "Lifetime" meant to him? I going to take back a broken arrow, it says it has a lifetime warranty.
            Wife asked exactly that and he had no explanation other than the lifetime of a pair of boots is 3-4 yrs......she did tell him that Basspro has no problem exchanging redhead wool socks that have a hole in them since they have a lifetime warranty....

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
              Does it say "lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship?" If so, "normal wearing" isn't covered. Hard to imagine footwear being guaranteed for the life of the purchaser..
              inside liner came apart, other than that boots were fine

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                Take them to Waco. They will honor it.
                3-4 hr drive

Comment

So is a lifetime 3-4 years of use at 5 days a week, 8 hours a day? 5 * 52 * 3 * 8 =~ 6,000 hours of use (using his 3 year estimation)?
                  How many hours a year do you wear your hunting boots? I'm guessing in a year that I hunt a lot I might wear mine 100 hours.
                  Last edited by SharpStix; 01-01-2018, 11:06 AM. Reason: I cannot spell today

Comment

have another pair of Cabelas boots that dog chewed the toe off, wouldn't ever expect them to accept them and wouldn't try.....

Comment

I’ve had gen take back boots where the toe cap came off (unglued) after 3-4 years. Sounds to me like 3-4 years and the liner wearing out is normal wear and tear.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpStix View Post
                        So is a lifetime 3-4 years of use at 5 days a week, 8 hours a day? 5 * 52 * 3 * 8 =~ 6,000 hours of use (using his 3 year estimation)?
                        How many hours a year do you wear your hunting boots? I'm guessing in a year that I hunt a lot I might where mine 100 hours.

I wear them some around the farm but normally wear my Mucks.....I needed new boots and was specifically going to buy Cabela's boots for the warranty. I didn't even know about the "lifetime warranty" until a few days ago when shopping online and thought "that's awesome, I'll exchange these and buy some lighter ones too"......

Comment

You must remember that Cabelas is now owned by Bass Pro shops so who knows what is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            I’ve had gen take back boots where the toe cap came off (unglued) after 3-4 years. Sounds to me like 3-4 years and the liner wearing out is normal wear and tear.
                            which is fine but when advertised as a "lifetime warranty" I expected just that, same as an "all you can eat" buffet....you can't have anymore, that's "all you can eat"......spelled the same but different meanings.....

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
                              You must remember that Cabelas is now owned by Bass Pro shops so who knows what is going to happen.
                              which is ironic because Basspro exchanges Redhead socks with no hassle since they have a lifetime warranty.....

Comment

Working...
                              X