No announcement yet.

javalena bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are big dumb rats. They eat everything. LOL. Just corn the road and wait. If they are around they will show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
      They are big dumb rats. They eat everything. LOL. Just corn the road and wait. If they are around they will show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LOL, so true....

Comment

yep, just corn the road. When I took my son they had blinds we could use. They are elevated open blinds but work good when the weather cooperates. Interesting experience; he shot his javi and all the others came back and circled around the shot javi. I was glad for the elevated stand....

Comment

The several times that I have hunted javis I never worried about any kind of blind or stand. They seem to be almost blind or completely ignoring of their surroundings...... unless they see movement. That is what makes them fun to stalk. You can creep up on them but if they look like they were about to lift their head from eating then stop. When they put their head back down to eat, start walking again but slowly. Stay close to the brush on the side of the roads.

Bring a chair and corn the roads in all directions. An intersection would be great. Sit back and wait. When you see them come out to eat, start moving in for the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            The several times that I have hunted javis I never worried about any kind of blind or stand. They seem to be almost blind or completely ignoring of their surroundings...... unless they see movement. That is what makes them fun to stalk. You can creep up on them but if they look like they were about to lift their head from eating then stop. When they put their head back down to eat, start walking again but slowly. Stay close to the brush on the side of the roads.

Bring a chair and corn the roads in all directions. An intersection would be great. Sit back and wait. When you see them come out to eat, start moving in for the shot.
            This is the way I do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Did somebody say corn? No need to get fancy. Just pour out the yellow brick road and let it do its thing.
              When I hunted South Texas, we used to call them "little black vacuum cleaners".

Comment

Thanks for all the info
                So I’m here and took it alls advice
                Corned the road and sitting at an intersection. Also waterhole nearby

Comment

if you are on the west side, keep an eye out for pigs and warthogs.

Comment

Keep us updated and post some pictures! Good luck!

Comment

Plain corn works fine. I have seen some pretty gnarly videos of people calling in javis with a distress call like rabbit in distress. The javis nearly run the over. The 2nd one has some cussing in it my apologize but the calling results are pretty cool.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

How did the hunt go? Any LDP's?

Comment

Working...
                        X