X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
    How tall are you? What's your DL?
    6'1" and a 29 DL.

Let me try the suit I have on. I've always been big so it might still fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      I'll have to see about the jacket. Not sure on the size, but can get an idea from the one I have. Pants will be probably 44wX30-32l. I'm sure I have a shirt. Probably a tie also but don't remember the color of it. Like I said, I haven't worn a suit in 12 years.
      Can't help with the suit but if you need some ties, give me a holler.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
        Goodwill store..Thrift stores ...Consignment stores
        This. I was in one the other day and couldn't believe the men's suits selection

Comment

Jos A Bank is always "on sale" so of course they are having a sale right now.

Check Macys.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
            Goodwill store..Thrift stores ...Consignment stores
            This^^. I found the same $350 suit they sell at JC penney for $15 and it looked like it had never been worn. Spent another 40 having it tailored

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              6'1" and a 29 DL.

Let me try the suit I have on. I've always been big so it might still fit.
              One of my suits may fit you. PM me if you want to meet up in the next couple weeks to borrow one. I live in Van Alstyne, work in McKinney off 380.

Comment

Men’s Warehouse

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Comment

Originally posted by bowsticker View Post
                    Men’s Warehouse
                    yep, and they'll do any tailoring for you. A little pricey but they do a good job.

I like Belk myself, name brands and usually have good sales.

Comment

I would go charcoal before black and find a good tailor. Men’s warehouse is good or Dillard’s if they are having a big sale.

Navy is my favorite but some people from on that for funerals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought my last one at the perry Ellis outlet in grapevine and it was under $100 out the door and I didn’t need to use a tailor but I have also had good luck with clearance suits at Dillard’s and they tailored for free

Comment

Get a plain charcoal suit and you will be able to wear it to anything else that comes up. Black works well at funerals, but I think it looks off in other situations. JAB, will have what you need. Their stuff is decent quality and it won't kill you financially. Get a 2 button suit.

Wherever you go, I would be explicit that your are getting this suit for a funeral. Some of the guys who work in mens suits are "funny" and I don't mean ha-ha funny. They might suggest patterns and colors that are not acceptable. Stay traditional with your tie too. Solid color or maybe a repp.

As the above poster noted, the tailoring is very important. A $1000 suit improperly tailored will look like a $100 suit.

Don't suck in your gut when they are measuring or your suit will fit weird once tailored.

Make sure sleeves are proper length. Too long and you look like you have baby hands, too short and you look like Chris Farley.

Inseam is also important. You don't want it to look like you have 20# of quikrete in your drawers. Make the guy taking measurements do his work.

A properly tailored inexpensive suit will punch well above its weight.

Comment

First, sorry about your Dad. In my prayers.

I am a fan of suit separates (mix matched) versus the traditional matched suit. Too me the manufacturer matched suits just look old and stuffy. If you go with a separate, look for a charcoal pant matched with a navy jacket. It is a look anyone can pull of in all kinds of settings. Unless you want black but the bad thing about black is it really doesn't look good, to me anyway, outside of that somber environment.
                            Last edited by Neck; 02-15-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Good luck with the suit, prayers sent for your dad and your family.

Comment

My suit still fits! Pants are a little snug, but not bad. I even found my tie. Thanks for all the suggestions and offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X