The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
    When I was at the Specs flagship a couple weeks ago they had plenty Noahs Mill. Haven’t seen it anywhere else.

I tried it for the first time over Christmas and it is definitely some tasty stuff. Slightly spicy.
    It's kind of hit or miss around DFW, but the Spec's around here seems to carry Noah's Mill more than others. I haven't bought a bottle since they dropped the 15 year age statement 5-6 years ago, but I hear the newer bottlings are pretty comparable.

Comment

Old times ! Good and cheap.

Comment

I'm here in Scotland for work and I just tried Balvenie Carribbean Cask. Awesome!!! I'll be bringing home some of this!

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
          I'm here in Scotland for work and I just tried Balvenie Carribbean Cask. Awesome!!! I'll be bringing home some of this!
          That one is delicious. It is readily available here, see if there is anything that is distillery only or that they don't distribute to the US!

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Baby Saz makes a hell of an old fashioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I keep thinking that you are in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
              Great 10 year old bourbon in the $30 range.
              Just picked this Mckenna up.. looking fwd to trying it.. the specs mgr was interested in feedback too.. she has a guy that buys it by the case a couple times a year but that's all she knows

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                Just picked this Mckenna up.. looking fwd to trying it.. the specs mgr was interested in feedback too.. she has a guy that buys it by the case a couple times a year but that's all she knows
                McKenna is good stuff.

Comment

East Texas road trip landed me a couple store pic Eagle Rares and a nice bottle of Rye.

Comment

Those are both awesome grabs. I don't think I've ever actually seen the Michters 10 Rye on a store shelf

Did you get that Whiskey Cake pick at a liquor store or the restaurant?

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      Those are both awesome grabs. I don't think I've ever actually seen the Michters 10 Rye on a store shelf

Did you get that Whiskey Cake pick at a liquor store or the restaurant?
                      Little liquor store in East Texas, south of Nac. Not real sure how he had it.

Comment

Originally posted by danbow View Post
                        Old times ! Good and cheap.
                        Big fan of Evan Williams and its cheap. Been on a rye kick lately. This week its Jim Beam Rye.

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
                          Balvenie Caribbean Cask is one of my favorite sub-$80 Single Malts. Good stuff.
                          I would recommend trying to find some of the Edradour offerings that they don't have in the U.S. and see if you like it. Most of the whisky shops will let you try samples. Its a little distillery and doesn't mass produce, so the U.S. market doesn't get much, but the 15 Year Edradour is one of my favorite bottles of Scotch. I usually have friends visiting the U.K. bring me one back.

If you like Balvenie, you might pick up a bottle of the 12 or 16 year old Triple Cask when you are flying home. They usually have them in the duty free shops at the airport.

Comment

I keep finding these. Someone offer me a trade!

Kentucky Owl
                            Elijah Craig Barrell Proof
                            Rock Hill Farms
                            Elmer T Lee
                            Four Roses Small Batch Barrell Strength

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                              I keep finding these. Someone offer me a trade!

Kentucky Owl
                              Elijah Craig Barrell Proof
                              Rock Hill Farms
                              Elmer T Lee
                              Four Roses Small Batch Barrell Strength

I'll trade some Elmer for one of the BTACs!

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                                I'll trade some Elmer for one of the BTACs!

I can do a couple bottles of Blanton’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X