X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad she’s ok

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Glad she is not hurt any worse, but air bags should have deployed!!!!!!!
      If not, why not?

I have no idea why but I’m going to find out .

Comment

Those heavy duty bumpers don’t allow for the sensors to activate and usually prevents air bags from going off. Talked to a guy at an auto shop repairing a troopers Tahoe from a crash a few weeks ago. Trooper had a bumper, brakes went out on a pursuit trooper went straight into woods and a big ditch. He had seatbelt on and slammed head on steering wheel. Tahoe was totaled and air bags never went off. Body shop said the sensors never registered a wreck.

Glad she’s okay, I’ve thought about those cameras too.
        Last edited by zac221; 02-10-2018, 07:05 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
          Those heavy duty bumpers don’t allow for the sensors to activate and usually prevents air bags from going off. Talked to a guy at an auto shop repairing a troopers Tahoe from a crash a few weeks ago. Trooper had a bumper, brakes went out on a pursuit trooper went straight into woods and a big ditch. He had seatbelt on and slammed head on steering wheel. Tahoe was totaled and air bags never went off. Body shop said the sensors never registered a wreck.

Glad she’s okay, I’ve thought about those cameras too.

I thought they were triggered by inertia over a certain amount of g force?

If that’s the case they should go off regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Glad she's okay and it wasn't worse.

Comment

Glad she’s okay.

Comment

Good thing she wasn't in one of those halfman trucks. Glad everyone is okay.

Comment

Wow. Glad she was able to walk away

Comment

Delta-v doesn't appear to be high enough or within threshold to deploy the airbag. Also the bumper guard can hinder deployment as well. Have reconstructed numerous Chevy pickup accidents and they seem to have a slightly higher airbag threshold deployment, especially on the earlier models. Glad she's okay.
                    Last edited by bowhunting1; 02-10-2018, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Prayers sent for full recovery.

Sorry she was hurt Keith, let us know if you need anything.

Comment

Wow. Good thing it was a dry creek and not full of water. Hope she recovers quickly

Comment

Dang, scary stuff, glad she is alright.

Comment

Glad she is ok. Did anyone get plates of the lady that ran her off the road?

Comment

Dang, glad she’s ok. Not sure if this is the same scenario or not but years ago my stepdad changed lanes and basically ran a car off the road. He pulled over and apologized (minor damage to the other car), but his insurance denied coverage. They said he never actually struck the other vehicle so it wasn’t his fault. He ended up covering the repairs out of pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                                Glad she’s okay.
                                God bless!

Comment

Working...
                                X