No announcement yet.

Last years 401k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sounds like it may be technically legal, but most plans won't allow for it.

Comment

Talk to paychecks and I stated that as a W-2 employee you have to do all your contributions prior to December 31. Anyone have an idea of what the max contribution into a 41K for a W-2 employee is?

Comment

$18,000 until you are 50, unless you are considered a highly compensated employee.

(last year's amount)

2018 it goes to $18,500
        Last edited by Atfulldraw; 01-31-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Shane - you are correct on all of it.

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          Talk to paychecks and I stated that as a W-2 employee you have to do all your contributions prior to December 31. Anyone have an idea of what the max contribution into a 41K for a W-2 employee is?
          For 2018, you will be able to contribute up to $18,500, which is up $500 from 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
            Talk with your plan administrator, some allow up to 75% of your income to be contributed. The 18.5k is for pre-tax contributions.

Comment

Working...
            X